Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MK Power Drive or MK Terravo?

Post Thanks / Like

Default MK Power Drive or MK Terravo?

I mostly fish for crappie by long line trolling and tight lining. I hope to be purchasing a bigger boat (690 Ranger 18.9 ft) . I use a power drive AP trolling motor on Alum Tracker Deep V17 now but since I will have to get a bigger trolling motor to pull this bigger boat, I was thinking about the spending a little extra for the Terrova. I would like to get your opinions. So don't hold back and let me know all the pros and cons of both. Thanks, CG

Post Thanks / Like

I've never owned a pd, but like the Terrova I've got - had it about a year
    and a half, no troubles so far.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I've had both. I prefer the Terrova, except that mine is hard to deploy. Apparently, mine is the exception on the deploy problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't like the PD for tight line, esp in the wind. Bought a new Maxxum. Much better boat control.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

TERROVA all the way! Never used a PD. Just connected the CP and can't wait for the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Like my Terrova for sure. I love the wireless thing on my wrist so I can steer it from any place in the boat. I plan on using that with my Humminbird Side Scan soon as I can sit at my console and run my troll motor from there wile watching my screen.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Like my Terrova for sure. I love the wireless thing on my wrist so I can steer it from any place in the boat. I plan on using that with my Humminbird Side Scan soon as I can sit at my console and run my troll motor from there wile watching my screen.

Skip
    I have never used the Terrova and you already know the capabilities of the Power Drive. I also would like to know why I would want to spend more money for the Terrova. I do like the foot pedal on the Terrova better, but I used a hand control with an 18 foot cord on my Power Drive. This allows me to operate the trolling motor from anywhere in the boat..Not a Co-Pilot..The hand control has a rheostat that allows me to dial in my speed at exactly what I want it to be whereas I can't be as precise with the Co-Pilot. I am assuming the co-pilot for the Terrova is also the same way. I have looked into building a control box for the Terrova as well, but it has a reciever/transmitter in the foot pedal. Not impossible to build, but not very practical either. If there is something about the Terrova I don't know about, I would appreciate some info also. I don't mind spending the extra money but from what little I know about the Terrova, I can't see a reason to spend it.....Thx guys