Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I am wishing for high water at Herrington this Spring

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am wishing for high water at Herrington this Spring

I am not wishing anyone any hardship, but I am hoping that the water gets high at Herrington just like it did the Spring 2008. I caught several nice catches of crappie fishing around the trees that were normally up on the bank and not in play. I caught crappie just fishing 1 or 2 feet deep. I fished it for all it was worth while the water was high, but as things go when KU decides to pull the lake, they really pull it. Fishing was still good though. I have noticed one thing about Herrington. If you found a particular spot that held crappie in 2008, then be sure to hit it again in 2009. But I am sure that most people that fish Herrington regularly already know that bit of info. I have been hitting some of the same spots for seveeral years now. I love fishing with the old minner under a slip bobber. I have some of my best luck doing this using a 12' telescopic pole and dropping the minner straight down into the trees. If I try to cast to the tree tops, then I tend to get hung up alot more than if I just "dip" it. It is a whole lot of fun trying to pull them straight out. They do manage to hang me up and get off, but hey that's a part of the fun and games. Man, I can't wait til March.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael D View Post
    I have been hitting some of the same spots for seveeral years now.
    My dad hit the same spots on Herrington for about 40 years!