Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My spring fishing just got a big damper

Post Thanks / Like

Default My spring fishing just got a big damper

I just returned from a surgeons office and I have some bad news. I'm about to have to have brain surgery to remove a tumor. From the looks of things, I'll be going into surgery in the next few weeks and will be out of commission for the next 2-3 months. This tumor is the reason for my deafness in my left ear as well as my poor balance. If I don't do something about it, the next thing to go is my facial control on my left side. Also, It's pressing against my brain stem. This is not the news I was hoping to hear and I'm having a hard time handling it right now. I'm sorry if I'm being a downer, I'm just putting this out here as a way to express myself. I'm just trying to get it off my chest (or out of my head):rolleyes:. Later

Wes
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wes, you know that you can count on our prayers for you my friend. You will be back to fishing before long. May GOD lay HIS mighty hands of comfort and healing upon such a great man. We love ya Wes. GOD bless you our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

hey brother hope everything works out ok get well and there's plenty of crappie to catch when you get better!!!!!
    CRAPPIE FEAR PAPPY !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We will keep you in our prayers Wes. Hope all works out . I am sure this great GOD of ours will watch over you in this time of need.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

you will be in our prayers
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Wes, we will keep you in our prayers. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Your friends,

Keith & Jessie

Post Thanks / Like

We will definetly be praying for you. If God brings you to it He will bring you through it. Todays advances in technology and medicine are phenominal. The owner of the company that I work for son had a similar tumor as you described and the doctors removed it without a single complication. I know every situation is different and will be praying for you. Where are you having the surgery at?

Post Thanks / Like

Wes,I hate to that but it's best to go ahead take care of it now,that's something that can't be put off ,God bless you and I will be praying for you.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be at Piedmont. I'm expecting a call from the neurosurgeon within the week. I was told by my previous doctor that he wouldn't operate till the tumor reached 20mm. He has since retired. This surgeon said the sooner the better. Now that I've waited so long he's says there's a 90% chance of complications because of the size of the tumor. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EARL KITCHENS View Post
    We will definetly be praying for you. If God brings you to it He will bring you through it. Todays advances in technology and medicine are phenominal. The owner of the company that I work for son had a similar tumor as you described and the doctors removed it without a single complication. I know every situation is different and will be praying for you. Where are you having the surgery at?
    Last edited by score300; 01-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Please keep us posted as things go along either by the site or PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast