Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Force

Post Thanks / Like

Default Force

Do you offer help with force motors, I have 2 50 hp 87, 89 models. One runs 1 has been setting for 3 years I would like to crank it up, do you have to run oil thru it or what.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Awakening a sleeping outboard; by BoatBuoy - iboats Boating Forums

Read this link...GREAT info

Force & Chrysler Outboards - iboats Boating Forums

The above link goes to the iboats.com force and chrysler forum...great guys and LOTS of info.

I myself do not know much about force...just they had been built by mercury and I believe they were built by chrysler before that.

If you are wanting to start it up for the first time in a while do what the link on awakening a sleeping outboard says...some great info.

Yes...I would put some tcw-3 oil in the motor..pull the pulls and squirt or pour some oil in it...let it set....then turn it over by hand with plugs pulled out. Everytime you walk by it..turn it again...put a little more oil in it...do this for a day or two to allow the rings to loosen a bit.

If it has or had old gas in it...go ahead and pull the carb...either rebuild or at least clean it really good by soaking...but you'll still have to have new gaskets when you do that. Before I put much if any money in it. I would check the compression and if possible do a leakdown test. Most shops can do this...a compression gauge can be bought pretty cheap if you just want to get one. The readings need to be above 80 or so at least...70's and below you are in bad shape...and they need to be in at least 10% of each other...meaning if compression is 100psi in one cylinder all the others should be at least from 90 to 110psi...if any more difference you could have bigger troubles...just some thoughts and links of interest....maybe someone with more experience with the force motors will chime in...they all work about the same though and use the same princples.

If you post in iboats.com it will help if you have your year, model number, and maybe the serial number handy for them. Good luck and feel free to ask anything else...if I can help I will..if not I'll try to find the answer or a link for you. Good luck.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks . got to let it warm up first.