Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My final post....

Post Thanks / Like

Default My final post....

After careful consideration, and considerable thought of the events that have taken place in the last three days, and for personal reasons this will be my final post and graphic at Crappie.com. I have learned much,had some great laughs, and have met some very fine folks. But I find that the time has come for me to move on. I do intend to continue to monitor the forums as a guest, as there is too much great information to pass up.

As my last graphic, I leave you with a picture of myself, and also the "expressed", "written" permission to use it as you wish. Please feel free to fold, spindle, or mutilate as you wish.

May your Dinks be few and your bign's be many...

With deepest regards,
    Mike - VietVet68

[img]http://www.*************.com/images/vv68.jpg[/img]

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Vet

Where did you get the "Grumpy" shirt? I think my girls might like to get me one for Father's Day..LOL....

That's a great picture of a happy person..I didn't think an "Old Swabby" would ever say he would miss a JarHead but I do hate to see you part. The Chat won't be the same without you. I know some of us will miss the cartoon type pictures you post and wish you would stick around to show us how it's done.

You know, I have met several people from this board and have fished side by side and in the same boat with some. All have been good people. As one person said in a previous post that you can't see the real person through a typed post. I think this had a lot to do with some folks misunderstanding the real meaning of things. I truly wish we could bury this and start anew. If people could hear how Blackie & I carry on they would think we were going to kill each other. Killer, Fishn3, Crappiepappy, Don York, Fatboy, Gerald, and many others will vouch for this. It's all in the way things are presented.

To those that I have emailed or talked with I look forward to meeting you & maybe fishing together. And Bobbi, don't forget the fruitcake at Thanksgiving.

I do wish you would reconsider but if not I wish you well.

Brothers in war & peace.......
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, you contribute much to the forum and will be missed. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat, US ARMY 1973-1999, retired. Son stationed on the Frank Cable, sub tender. SALUTE

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely crazy!!

Go figure we end up losing good people because of a mis-understanding!

I wish it didn't have to be this way!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Mike ;;; Man there's no need in leaving us high and dry, I guess some people just take things the wrong way, As for me, I think your pitcures and your post are great. Most of us on the site know it's all in fun. Man if we can't get a joke or a laugh off of someone or through our own boo boos, this world would go crazy. some of you guy's are taking this to far These are only jokes gizsh!! Lighten up.
    Is there one of us out here that hasn't used someone for a laugh, If you haven't your probablly telling a little white lie.
    Well back to the subject ;; I'm like GABoy there VV ending up losing good people over a mis-understanding. Guys & Gals don't mak ED have to shut this down just cause CRAPPIE FISHERMAN can't get along. That's why we come here to post things that happen in our life's and to share the do's & don'ts of fishing.
    If I don't hear from you again Mike, It's been a pleasure, GOD Bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, I have a feeling this is how we will see a lot of other people go too. Because there are certain people that cannot take a joke, and would rather be uptight and to the point, ALL THE TIME. They will continue to stay this way and eventually there will have a misunderstanding because someone is trying to make a joke. The person trying to get a laugh and enjoy themselves will get fed up and leave because they cannot have a good time.

WHICH IS WHAT THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL ABOUT!!!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

When I came to this board I was green as grass, you were one that gave me great advice. I don't really know what happened, but I do know that it is never good for a message board to lose someone that is willing to share their knowledge!
    Karla:D

Post Thanks / Like

I was one that didnt care much for the jokes or pics. But dont get me wrong I didnt mind seeing them on here. And if I wasnt interested in them I would just hit the BACK BUTTON and people should do the same if they dont care for them. If you dont like what someone does, dont bitch just go on about your business. Becuase one day that person might not like what you do inreturn they should do the same.

Hate to see ya go, so just stick around.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Whether this was your final post or not should be up to you. It should not be based on comments from others about your post. If Ed see's fit to censor or ban that is his prerogative. I saw the post in question and thought it was funny. I know the guy in the picture and never thought for a minute he would be offended. I apparently missed some other topics that some found contentious. I don't agree with everything posted. I try to never disagree with anyone in that thread. I may start a new thread with a different point of view.
    Topic or off topic is tricky, many threads have comments that are off topic. Some posters may not know all the ins and outs of the board such as there is a section for stripers, perch, catfish etc.or there is a humerous section or an off topic section.
    I did not know where the test area was and I have been on the board a year or so. Labill straightened me out on that today.
    I think you have done some research that has benefited the board and me personally. I appreciate it. If you choose not to post let it be at your discretion, not as a reaction.
    If you monitor the board and wish to comment to me personally my email is in my profile.
    ( off topic)If anyone knows where I can get a Froghorn Leghorn T let me know. I see Grumpy is taken. luv it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see you go, VV68, I think we could have all learned a great deal from you and you from the members here. It's a shame that it happened this way, are you sure you won't change your mind?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast