Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please! Need help with Spider Rigging Rods!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Please! Need help with Spider Rigging Rods!

Well I definately came to the right place for help. It's absoultely amazing how knowledgeable everyone is. I am brand new to spider rigging and need help with what kind of Spider Rigging rods I should buy. I am purchasing Driftmaster T-250s for the front of my boat and the back. Now I need rods. Since I need to buy 8 rods, I can't spend alot of money. This is all starting to add up big time I can only spend between $15 and $20 per rod your recommendation would be great if you can all help me out. Oh, ya one more thing, I also want to use the rods for longlining too if possible. I talked with Monk at Monkscrappie.com and he recommended the Silstar rods. He was very friendly and nice! Louie at Grizzlyjig was also extremely nice and helpful and he recommended the Hi-Tec rods. I have also been told to go with the BNM Slow Troller Telescopic rods. Could you all please let me know your thoughts and your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

Post Thanks / Like

In that price range i would recommend the BnM Westpoint rods. They are very strong and sensitive. I think they are glass rods, but they would work great for tightlining. Check them out at www.bnmpoles.com
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

drill instructor -

Thanks for the recommendation however they are about double of what I can spend. I checked them out on BnM and they are $36.52 for a 12' rod. Anything else you might recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

Academy has the westpoints for $25.00.Has any one else noticed that you can buy the bnms from a store cheaper than you can get them from thier website?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try Pro Angler Tackle....also you don't have to buy all 8 at on time. I would rather get 2 or 3 good quality rods now and another 2 or 3 good ones later than settle for 8 cheaper made rods now.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the only one but cheap is o.k. I use 12 blackwidow bnm,s from grizzly about 13 bucks and the more you buy the cheaper they are. just my opinion i could be wrong !!!!
    If it will hold cornmeal it's big enough for me !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

MD is right,I would buy 2 or 3 rods at a time to get better rods.I like bnm and wally marshall rods.I believe in spider rigging the rod quality matters more than the reel quality.

Post Thanks / Like

What would you recommend for a quality BnM rod? Pro Staff? I don't think I want to go with Pro Angler because I want at least a 12' rod and from what I see, Pro Angler only has 10'. Would you guys recommend 12' or 14'?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rods

I am with MD. Buy 2 or 3 quality rods as you can afford them and slowly add the additional rods. You buy quality 1 time then there is no need to upgrade later.

Post Thanks / Like

I am also with MD. Buy whatever you can in good rods to start with and add to it when you can. Made several mistakes when setting my rig up for SR. Bought some 12' rods and don't use them now. I am currently using 14' WM TLS. I also recommend that you buy the longest rod that is comfortable to you. They come in handy when the fish spook easily. However, they can be cumbersome when you are not used to them. It will take some time on the water to get the hang of it. You should also give serious consideration to the reels that you want. I use baitcasters, but see most folks using spinning reels. I like the baitcasters better for the ease of depth adjustment on the fly. I string by rods with 10lb Mr. Crappie HiVis yellow. Again, invest in the right gear now and save $$$ down the road. Good luck and great to have you onboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast