Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server busy message

Post Thanks / Like

Default Server busy message

Anybody else been getting the server busy message? Just started with me yesterday. Is it crappie.com or the server on my end. Thanks, Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Default Server busy message.....O/T

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback
    Anybody else been getting the server busy message? Just started with me yesterday. Is it crappie.com or the server on my end. Thanks, Ron
    I've been getting that message too, occaisionally. I don't know if it's crappie.com's server, but it wasn't because the site was congested, there were only 3 members on the boards and a few guests.

Post Thanks / Like

ive been gettin it about half the time i try to sign on. just started recently
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I get that message quite often too. It appears to be coming from the server that hosts this forum, which must have some other very busy sites on it.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

There have been some slowdowns during maintenance cycles on the Crappie.com server that I'm looking into.

I'm always logged on, so I don't need to log on. You may want to check how you're accessing the site, but if you're having to log on each time, you might have a link to the previous location of the site in your "favorites" that you should replace with the new location on Crappie.com. That way your cookies can leave you logged on.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    There have been some slowdowns during maintenance cycles on the Crappie.com server that I'm looking into.

I'm always logged on, so I don't need to log on. You may want to check how you're accessing the site, but if you're having to log on each time, you might have a link to the previous location of the site in your "favorites" that you should replace with the new location on Crappie.com. That way your cookies can leave you logged on.

I too am logged on when ever I access the site and I have been getting the busy signal about half the time. It started on monday and has been getting worse.
    Don't know if it helps to know this? but, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents. Thanks Great site!!
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

I get the "Server Busy" message while navigating about the site when I'm already logged on. Usually after a few attempts or after waiting a few minutes I am able to continue so it hasn't been a major problem - just one of those little annoyances that one encounters in cyberspace every now and then.

I've gotten it in the middle of the night and very early in the morning, which makes me think it probably is a maintenance issue and not a bandwidth issue.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I changed some performance options in the Vb program so that it is similar to the setting I use on one of the other message boards. I resolved some perfrormance problems on the other site a while back, and they are on the same server and not complaining. Don't get me wrong, I do want to hear from you when the system is slow.

This is a stop gap. There may still be the maintenance issue which does occur at the times Jerry mentioned. I see the issue, I jsut can't figure out how to stop it from happening. It's a monitor thats sucking up CPU cycles going through logs. Sounds easy, stop the monitor, or shrink the logs, but I got to find them first! Wish me luck.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Okay now

Haven't had anymore problems since I put the post up. I guess you got it Ed! Thanks for the great board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Luck in Finding the Bug

It's happening to me also. Started on Tuesday and continued for me on Wed.

Ed I hope you can track it down and quash that problem. Good luck.

OK, I changed some performance options in the Vb program so that it is similar to the setting I use on one of the other message boards. I resolved some perfrormance problems on the other site a while back, and they are on the same server and not complaining. Don't get me wrong, I do want to hear from you when the system is slow.

This is a stop gap. There may still be the maintenance issue which does occur at the times Jerry mentioned. I see the issue, I jsut can't figure out how to stop it from happening. It's a monitor thats sucking up CPU cycles going through logs. Sounds easy, stop the monitor, or shrink the logs, but I got to find them first! Wish me luck.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast