Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Fishing Lights ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green Fishing Lights ?

Supposedly the "Evening Fishing Secret" I just bought a Brinkmann "Qbeam" at Academy Sports , just curious if anyone has a preference on any brand and do they really help to catch fish ?

CrappieKilla

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of the "Aurora" fishing light. I have used all different kinds of lights and this one puts off more light than a 4' light, uses the least amount of energy and is super compact and durable. They are pricey but if you night fish as much as we do in the summer it is well worth the money.

TeamCSJE
    Arizona Slab Slayers
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

I second the Aurora light. It's the size of a hockey puck and works great!

Team CSJE,

Have you joined AZCA?

Post Thanks / Like

IAMMAC,

No I have not joined AZCA. I wish they would we could start a state group on this site. I have been reading a lot of reports and posts on AZBASSZONE but can't bring myself to even join that site. I was going to try to make it to the meeting yesterday at Rosy but I was called out on emergency business at work in Show Low. We are San Carlos Fishermen. I get to Roosevelt every so often more when I lived in Snowflake, AZ. Have you been a member long?

Shoot me a PM

TeamCSJE
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

Just build a green light. Search build your own hydro-glo light on google. I made mine for around $125.00. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like

I sell and use the Aurora, as a matter of fact I uses 2 of them and sometimes I even throw in my 36" Fisherman's Green Light, but I think that is just because I have had it a long time.

Sometime I think it brings in too much shad and maybe next Summer I will try just the 2 Aurora's and see what that does. I like how they are easy to store and keep in the boat without worrying about that long tube of the other one I have.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Skip,

I use just one Aurora and it brings in plenty of shad...man two would blind you as bright as they are but I know a lot of Arizona Crappie Fishermen use two all the time. I tried all types of different lights trying to find a cheaper solution and I regret not buying the Aurora in the first place. With the amount of money I spent I could have bought three Auroras. Well worth the price...definitely!!!!! These lights are quality stuff and I don't even get paid to say this.
    TeamCSJE

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone around here uses a light on crappie at night time. I sure would like to try one out. Why does a green light work better than other colors? Are there any threads on here that I should read up on?

Parker

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of Missouri boys using lights. They work wonders at Truman in the Summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not on or around any big lakes is the trick around here. Truman is a LONG drive for this MO boy that almost lives in IA.

Its all ponds and lakes that are less than 200 ac. around here.

Just wondering if I were to buy a light to try out if a white, or green would be best. Dad always had me packing up my gear and heading home after it got good and dark and the bites slowed down.

Vector

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast