Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat needs new carpet

lilburnjoe Guest

Default Boat needs new carpet

I need to recarpet my boat. However, I was thinking about going with a different approach.

Has anyone ever tried a coating like Rhino liner ? Will it adhear to fiberglass ?

Are there any cons to not using carpet ?

Thanks in advace for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhino lining

Lil, I have seen commercials on TV about the Rhino lining for boats, so I would certainly think it could be done. My only concern would be, will a Rhino lined boat dampen the noise level the way carpet does?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I would think ...

that Rhino lining a boat would be a bit more expensive than re-carpeting ... but, I could be wrong.
    If going the re-carpet route - be sure and get "marine grade" carpet, and not just "outdoor" carpet. The difference is well worth the extra expense - been there, done that.
    If going the Rhino route, and concerned about the floor/deck areas being slippery, or the lack of noise dampening qualities (as suggested by VV68) ... you might consider adding some rubber floor mats, to those portions of the floor or deck, where tackle boxes/coolers/foot control pedal and/or your feet are going to be stationed. ............. luck2ya ......cp

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have heard of it but havent seen one yet . a pace cargo traylor plant here has a machine for that . all the employes have lined their truck beds and the ones that has a boat i think they lined them to . now they stopped it .
    a old boat thet has a lot of cracks in the floor might be better . and could put carpet on top of that if didn`t work out . that stuff is tuff if don right .
    would be good if floor needed replacing . insted of plywood . would be easier than fiberglass . i think i would want carpet on the floor . have you ever tride ro pick up a minnow off the slick floor? try it and you will want carpet .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen the lining in a boat before. It does make for a tough finish, however; it is black. I would think in the heat of the summer it could be hot on your feet. I considered having it sprayed in the bottom of a jon boat I used to have. It is expensive....especially if you buy the colored versions. I just went ahead and used carpet.