Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just say no to ridiculous shipping charges

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just say no to ridiculous shipping charges

Last Sunday I was going to order 3 poles from Cabellas they had on sale. 41.95 rods on sale for 19.95.

Seemed like a great deal on the surface. I called cabellas placed my order they then told me my total was over a hundred dollars. They wanted over 50 dollars for shipping handling and state taxes.

I then ordered 3 poles from BNM 13.38 a rod I also ordered a couple reels and they charged me 4.50 shipping.

I am also going to write Cabellas and tell them exactly where they lost the sale. Bass Pro shipping is the same on rods. Its time for these companies to come back down to earth. You the purchaser has the power to do just that.

Ok done venting now.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-10-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta watch the shipping charges on ebay items as well. A lot of sellers do the same thing there.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

agreed

Post Thanks / Like

i did the same thing as you did on a rod order......they dont charge taxes on orders from tn but sure push the S and H hard.......they only charge taxes on orders from states that have a cabelas in them......

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to me. Ordered 4 rods, 2 were oversize items, and an $8.00 over size shipping charge times 2 = $16.00 plus the regular fee. I said hey, you can get all 4 rods in the same container, why isn't it just one $8.00 fee? They said that's the way it is. Anyhow since I have a Cabelas about an hour away, I had them ship to there and I picked them up. No shipping charges, and no tax! I think the no tax was a mistake, but it saved me about another $8.00. I would have probably told them to stuff to whole sale, but they were $60.00 rods for $30.00 and I had a $30.00 off coupon besides.

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of years ago my wife got bored and decided that she wanted to go in business on the internet. She signed up for a seminar on ebay and signed me up as well. Dragged me to the thing and there were several people who were 'successful' on ebay and they were telling how to do the whole thing. One of the only points I remember is that you look up the item and see what they are priced by other people. The price it below and jack up the shipping and handling. Looks like BP and cabellas have gone to one of those same seminars.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a similar experience yesterday. Was gonna order 4 sponge wheel for my robot. 8.79 for wheels. 22.50 shipping. 3oz total weight. No wheels yet.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you "Gone Fishing"

Here is super nice aritcle that warrants reading called

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Crappie Anglers Enough Is Enough
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered a few small items from C's yesterday. Digital scale, some hooks, and some no knot fast snaps. Came to $31.27. S/H was $8.95 and $2.41 tax. If it didn't cost so much for gas I'd have driven to Dundee and bought them.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast