Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Alabama Belle

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Alabama Belle

I intend to really go after them thar Crappies this year. I have booked two rooms on the Alabama Belle resort/lodge for March 27th and March 28th this year. I wanted to hire Darrell Baker to be my guide but my money ran funny when I found out I also would have to pay for my son's room...but anyway we are going to do some serious fishin at Weiss Lake THE CRAPPIE CAPITOL OF THE WORLD!:D:D:D:D

Has anyone fished the 200 foot pier there at the Alabama Belle? If so, what is the depth, bottom structure and any other advice you can give someone who has not fished that area before. I would just want to see a few reports on this area just doing my homework. Thank you.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

ship, sent you a IM.
    Anyway you are taking your boat right? If so just go down the side to the right and you will see a bridge there by roosters and all along the bridge is a rocky shore line on both sides is good. That bridge at night is also good. Depth along there is abot 10 foot give or take. You should see boats on both sides of that bridge which is the entrance to Cowen Creek. Just be prepaired to long line troll with some 1/24oz jigs along both sides
    Thats a good area in March

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laserdoc View Post
    ship, sent you a IM.
    Anyway you are taking your boat right? If so just go down the side to the right and you will see a bridge there by roosters and all along the bridge is a rocky shore line on both sides is good. That bridge at night is also good. Depth along there is abot 10 foot give or take. You should see boats on both sides of that bridge which is the entrance to Cowen Creek. Just be prepaired to long line troll with some 1/24oz jigs along both sides
    Thats a good area in March
    Laser,

Times are hard. Had to sell the boat last year to pay medical bills. I am shorebound. Thanks for the input. I appreciate you. Sent PM back to you. Thanks.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 01-10-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ship, if you are shorebound, you can still kinda "troll" those long docks. I have been staying at Pruetts Fish Camp right there in Cowan Creek and every year I see guys walking the length of the dock with a long pole in each hand hanging off each side of the dock. Usually they are there when we go out in the morning and we see them in the cleaning house in the evening, so obviously they do alright. I'm not sure where the Alabama Bell is, but from laserdocs description you are right around the corner from Pruetts if you are close to Roosters. Across the street from Roosters is an area where the lake goes under the street and opens into what looks like a pond. I have no idea if that camp or whatever there is private or what, but we always go through the tunnel from the lake there and do really well. It may be worth checking on for you, as you could definitely fish it from shore as well as we do from the boat. We'll actually be there at Pruetts from March 25-28. Oughta be some good fishing. We go down every year in March, and have yet to be forced to longline troll to catch fish, and we usualy get our limit or at least close. We cast jigs around the docks and in shallow cover, depending on if they are in tight or not obviously. Even when they aren't, we have always done well casting jigs or minnows under floats. You should be able to get into some slabs from the bank. Good luck, and maybe I'll run into you down there in March.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Be careful in all that snow today. I am hearing Toledo and Cleveland are getting 8+ inches of snow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ship,

I fish the lake fairly regularly so if you make it down, send me a PM right before you come and I'll give you a call to see if you and your son want to go out with me one day.
    I have room for 3 and normally fish alone. I know a couple spots to catch one or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob View Post
    Ship,

I fish the lake fairly regularly so if you make it down, send me a PM right before you come and I'll give you a call to see if you and your son want to go out with me one day.
    I have room for 3 and normally fish alone. I know a couple spots to catch one or two.
    Check your PM

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Alabama Belle

Mr. Ship Ahoy:

Googled the Alabama Belle and all I can say is "WOW".
    I live between DC and Baltimore which is too far to drag my boat there but I sure am interested
    Our paths will cross soon I'm sure. I'll be sending in an order for more of your jigs this weekend; got to have more of your "sexy lady" jigs before the Spring frenzy begins.
    Have a great fishing trip with your future Crappie Master.
    Your friend, Charles Henderson
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Mr. Ship Ahoy:

Googled the Alabama Belle and all I can say is "WOW".
    I live between DC and Baltimore which is too far to drag my boat there but I sure am interested
    Our paths will cross soon I'm sure. I'll be sending in an order for more of your jigs this weekend; got to have more of your "sexy lady" jigs before the Spring frenzy begins.
    Have a great fishing trip with your future Crappie Master.
    Your friend, Charles Henderson
    Thanks Charles. I just sent you a PM