Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Work Free to be mentioned in TV Show Credits?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Would You Work Free to be mentioned in TV Show Credits?

A friend who owns a Marine Repair Business was approached by a small TV series like Southern Outdoors (unsure) to do free work for mention on the show ... He would like to know if the members (boat owners) here feel That they would do business with someone just because of this mention....I Think the show airs once a month...I will get back with him next Friday with your Opinions..........I will be posting my opinion after a few others post because i do not want to contaminate honest responses.....Thanks Joe

Post Thanks / Like

No way unless you establish a limit on the FREE WORK. I do not believe anything is actually free. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

He will loose!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EARL KITCHENS View Post
    No way unless you establish a limit on the FREE WORK. I do not believe anything is actually free. Just my opinion.

what he said. I do my buisness with the same tackle store each trip at each lake. No way would I /do I do buisness with someone or someplace jsut b/c I saw it on tv
    Its Foolish and wrong to morn the men who died, instead we should thank God that such men lived.
    General George S. Patton Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I would do it with a limit of course and would want to be be mentioned on the show and the credits. Neither TV Time nor Mechanic Work are FREE.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 01-10-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would as long as it was a trade equal to or in my favor. Advertisement isn't free and neither is mechanic work. Just being mentioned in the credits I don't feel is worth much. If 15 seconds of advertising is worth $500.00 then an equal value of mechanic work is acceptable. Just my .02
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Advertising aint free or cheap, so anything you can get with limited out of pocket expense is worth looking at. Even in crappie world mag there is No free advertisement, not even in the articles. If you are to be mentioned than you gotta put out some money for an advertisement spot in the magazine. Even on this site if you want to advertise you gotta pay

Post Thanks / Like

If it can be good for your business and be a good deal for you why not? I pay cash for advertisement. This could put your name in front of people and save you some money. But there must be limits to the work you do.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never advertised and saw where it payed .onley telephone book yellowpages has don anygood . i do just as good with just a listing .wordof mouth is the best advertisment . DON`T THINK I WOULD .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth or a friends recommendation is better than any advertizing I think. Give the customer what they need for a fair price to both parties and you have made a come back customer, plus probably some new ones. Plus I always heard if it is free it aint worth having!!! My 2 cents!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast