Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: catching crappie on farm ponds ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default catching crappie on farm ponds ?

My nephew and I have been catching huge crappie and bluegill on a farm pond in about 2ft. of water and was just curious if some of them spawn a second time.I thought all the big crappie would be back in deep water now.

Thanks
    Rudy

Post Thanks / Like

Dog gone it Rudy, after me showing you all my good spots, I would think you would ask me to join in on the fun when you found a good spot! LOL. Usually, the best crappie fishing in ponds is very early in the Spring but it sure sounds like you found a good one. You best keep it a secret!

Post Thanks / Like

See i'm going to have to attach a tracking device to Rudy and find this secret....LOL.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Maybe I jumped the gun because yesterday and today we just caught a few dinks.By the way Dave it seemed we always went to my hotspots this spring.I have a few catfish holes that I will show you for a small fee.

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy, I caught 6,5,and 4 # channels the last time I catfished.
    Ranger, all I have to do is put one of the tracking collars I bought off of Rudy in his truck and I will be able to track him down. He knows about tracking devices.
    Rudy, you can't troll or drop shot for crappie in a pond but maybe you are catching bigger crappie just pond fishing.
    We still need to put out some brush to make some crappie/catfish fishing spots.