Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cattle Breeder Cubes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cattle Breeder Cubes

A friend of mine told me that cattle breeders are a real good chum for crappie condos. He says it is also good for catfish as well. Anyone have any experience with breeder cubes?

Post Thanks / Like

Them cubes will attract every catfish & carp in the area. Won't be any room for the crappie & no matter as they arn't a big fan of that type bait. But hey would't hurt to try in your area, I just know about Illinois fish. Them cubes are a favorite bait for carp fisherman.
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 01-09-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard milo or soybean meal in a burlap sack around here...seems breeder cubes would be kind of expensive to use for fishing. lol They would last a whil e in the water though. I've heard really good things about milo...drop it in a burlap sack and come back in a few hours or the next day.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how it works on fish, but I know a feller over in Henry, Tn that uses it and he claims all his Herefords are stump broke.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

well dont use hog finishing pellets,, all that'll draw is CARP...

JAKE
    ~~~~~~~({<(((((((*>
    unOFFICIAL Mayor of BLUFF Landing, OK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRAPPIEDENTIST View Post
    well dont use hog finishing pellets,, all that'll draw is CARP...

JAKE
    Range cubes work real good on the crappie down here a lot of guides use it.
    $5.00 for a large bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Timothy hay will draw minnows and then other fish. You can either use a whole bale or break a bale into sections and weight them individually to chum a whole area. Takes a couple days to draw the minnows, but works well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macon123 View Post
    Timothy hay will draw minnows and then other fish. You can either use a whole bale or break a bale into sections and weight them individually to chum a whole area. Takes a couple days to draw the minnows, but works well.
    Do tell what Timothy hay is? Wonder if Fred or Barney hay would have the same effect, (j/k). Never heard of Timothy hay, is it something that can be easily picked up?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Cute, Reaper ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Reaper View Post
    Do tell what Timothy hay is? Wonder if Fred or Barney hay would have the same effect, (j/k). Never heard of Timothy hay, is it something that can be easily picked up?
    ... but there really is such a thing

AGR-84: Timothy

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have used range cubes for years for channel cat. Toss some out around the boat when you get settled. They take about 8 min to start melting. Main reason I like them is, they go right to the bottom. They do not drift off, so you know where they are. While using them, every cat I clean is chocked full. Just drop some Danny's or Charlie B down near and your gonna get bit. You do get the occasional carp, but the numbers of cats make up for it. Not heard of them being used for slabs.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.