Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: End of January

Post Thanks / Like

Default End of January

I would like to fish for some crappie the last week of January. Since I'll be traveling from Virginia, I would just like to have an idea if fishing would be decent! I am going to go back in 2nd week of March I assume after Post Spawn. I would appreciate any info offered, except to stay in Virginia

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley617 View Post
    I would like to fish for some crappie the last week of January. Since I'll be traveling from Virginia, I would just like to have an idea if fishing would be decent! I am going to go back in 2nd week of March I assume after Post Spawn. I would appreciate any info offered, except to stay in Virginia
    Welcome aboard. I'm confused. Where are you now and where are you going?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you are travelling from Virginia and wanting to go somewhere, I suggest Arkansas. Speaking for the lake I guide on, Greeson, southwest of Hot Springs, through January and February it would still be considered a winter pattern, but that is when we catch our biggest crappie. Yesterday I had several at or near 2-pounds and one that went 17" and 2lbs.8oz. It's a great time of year to fish on Greeson.

Weather conditions permitting, the Black Crappie will start their spawn by the middle of March and the White Crappie will be close to their post-spawn in May.

We are running a Winter Special right now (two half days for the price of a full day). Bring your gps and we'll get you on some fish. The campgrounds around Greeson are great too.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 01-09-2009 at 12:18 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default westpoint

westpoint is a great place to fish feb march it is a long way to travel but
    probably the best fishing in Ga this time of year
    I have a foolproof plan at finding the fish too; just ride the lake until you see all the boats in one place then get in line works every time lol

hope this helps goodluck