Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Melvern help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern help?

It has been along time since I fished melvern, I am thinking about hitting it on Sunday if the wind stays down. Any suggestions on jig color, depth, etc. I still have a fairly good idea of some decent structure, but wil probably spend alot of time looking around for new brush.

Awesome site by the way, this is alot nicer than getting a feel for the fishin from the state website.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Melvern last Sat.We put in at Arrow Rock ramp.There are alot of brush piles as you pull out of ramp area to the right(east).Watch you your electronics closely and the piles are easy to see.Also,look at where other boats are.Most of the good piles are along the river channel which runs along south side of lake,the north side is alot more shallow(better in the spring).Also.there are several piles in the middle of cove at launch ramp.Please post how you did.I would like to go back down to Melvern.Hef and I fished in 18-30ft. of water and there wasn't any specific color that stood out.Used blk/chrt. and Hef used elect. chicken.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished this past Tuesday, same area Purple Crappie mention, used dark green body, chrt, and all chrt. Fished in the 28-30 feet on brush piles. Went to the bottom and cranked the jig up two rounds. Good Luck,

Post Thanks / Like

have you guys ever tried building your own hotspots -you otta try it because it works very well at times like now - then you will know exactly what you are fishing and where its at and what works best besides its kinda fun :D

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone doin any good?Plannin to try out the heated dock(again). Any other Bank accessable productive areas? Just want a mess for dinner.
    Last edited by Baldwin leadhead; 01-11-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there is another Baldwin Citian! Welcome Baldwin Leadhead. Which heated dock you headin to? Hillsdale?

Post Thanks / Like

This site is pretty cool. Was planning to go to melvern sunday but didnt make it. My daughter & I went the sunday before last. We caught 1 went 9.75". That was it. I dident know hillsdale had 1. The last time I knew they were building a marina. I kinda got hillsdaled out a few years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

hello baldwin. i know what you mean when you say hillsdale ed out, but the dock and marina are excellent. even took the wife for a couple hours. (prob her one and only) the manager is totally fair also. good luck