Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: caught alot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default caught alot.

thanks everyone for the information that you gave me about caverun i went over there sunday throught wed.. i just got home about 2 hours ago. we cought a total of 358 crappie. we fished all night sunday all morning and day monday. and some of the night. then just fished morning and evening. tuesday.. today we fished morning. that was it and cought 558 crappie over 200 of them were GOOD keepers. the rest were smaller......thanks for all the info we had a blast..............

Post Thanks / Like

WOW... Did you have a seperate boats to load them crappies... LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Angry limits

are u feeding the hungry is there a good reason 4 slaughtering them
    people like u r the reason the size n creel limits should b lowerd in la
    shame on u
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsacalaitman
    are u feeding the hungry is there a good reason 4 slaughtering them
    people like u r the reason the size n creel limits should b lowerd in la
    shame on u
    well let me tell you something dsacalaitman it is none of your concern about limits you would go over your limit if you were luck fishing also.. and there was more then just me little man.. so we came home with what we were allowed..maybe 2 or 3 over limit. that would be it when your crappie fishing you dont have time to count them we turned alot of small ones back when we got to the dock each night....thanks for your concern but dont care about it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Joshandciera;
    Great job, I don't know what yall's limit is. But if its like our's 30 each. That sound's about right if there was two of you. You fished once sun, three times mon. twice tues, and wed morning, that's 7 fishin session's If there were two of yall that's 30 times two = 60 times 7 = 420. I don't see a problem with it, I think dsacalaitman might be jealous. good fishin if you got any pics post-em.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Actually Josh ..

according to the KDFWR "possession limit" law - "Possession limit is the maximum number of fish a person may hold in the field after two or more days of fishing".
    Your post seems to indicate that you "kept" 358 fish - after 3 days of fishing ... so that would mean you would had to have had 6 people in your group, each catching a 30 fish limit each day ( 6x30x2 = 360 ) and "possessing" the maximum of 60 fish Each, for the trip (to have stayed in the "legal" possesion range). That is certainly possible ... and since there is no size limit on Crappie from Cave Run, it's quite probable.

I think the gentleman from Louisiana may have not understood the liberal size/creel laws on some of Kentucky's lakes.

"Meat hogs" do give our sport a bad rep ... and Crappie.com does not condone breaking the local limit laws (or any regulations, rules or laws concerning fishing - for that matter). Not that you or your group fit in either catagory .... just some "facts" for consideration.

I would, however, disagree with your statement "you don't have time to count them" ........ it would be in your best interest to ALWAYS know how many fish you have in your creel -- the Water Patrol/Game Officers/Creel Officers WILL fine you for any & all fish over limit !!

.............cp

Post Thanks / Like

You better know that the game warden will take the time to count. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

"slaughtering"! Jeez, isn't that a little harsh?
    Karla:D

Post Thanks / Like

thats a good haul, even for 3 days fishing. Congrats !!! have fun cleanin all them fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default over limit

you must have a guilty concience. but i would still like to gongrat you 4 taking your sick fam member . our limit is 50 i often can catch that n more but i beleive in only catch what u can eat in a day
    :p keep it wet
    take a kid fishing
    born to fish
    forced to work :p

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast