Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eagle Rock on Table Rock

ozzfreak Guest

Default Eagle Rock on Table Rock

I just began trying my luck at crappie fishing, I know kinda late to be trying, but I got 8 one day, 2 keepers, and 2 the other, no keepers. I used minnows at a boat dock close to my house. I have tried crappie jigs in years past, but no luck with them. I was just wondering if anyone else in the area is having luck at crappie and with what. I live over toward the area where there is a big cluster of trees in the water, but yet to get over that way, because I have no running boat at this time. Thanks alot.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozzfreak
    I just began trying my luck at crappie fishing, I know kinda late to be trying, but I got 8 one day, 2 keepers, and 2 the other, no keepers. I used minnows at a boat dock close to my house. I have tried crappie jigs in years past, but no luck with them. I was just wondering if anyone else in the area is having luck at crappie and with what. I live over toward the area where there is a big cluster of trees in the water, but yet to get over that way, because I have no running boat at this time. Thanks alot.

Andy
    Eagle Rock is a good area for Crappie this year. Colors I use in that area are orange and chartruese; black and chartruese; purple and white. I tip my jigs with small minnows to coax more strikes. I've been fishing Aunt's Creek mostly. I use the same color jigs there. Keep bumping brush in that area. The part of the lake I live on I sometimes find Crappie suspended under schools of shad. These are typically bigger crappie too, but extremely hard to locate. I get into the white bass sometimes which are fun, but aren't my favorite table fare. Let me know how you do. Remember, you can set out more than three poles as long as your name and address are on the poles that number over three. I always have tandem jigs or hooks under my bobbers and spider rigs. This puts more bait in the water and allows you to better cover different depths. Good luck

G.
    Standing in the Gap