PDA

View Full Version : Old School Crappie Fishing Family Secrets

Cherokee Ref
01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has shelled out the bucks for this set of cd's and manuals purporting to be the end all to catching crappie. I'm not naive enough to believe everything I read, but his ad is pretty convincing. Any input or opinions? Thanks in advance. Longtime lurker, new poster. really enjoy this site and all I have learned from it in a short time.

Vector
01-07-2009, 10:42 PM
It sure would be cool to sift through all that information, but I'm not sure its worth 200 bucks??????

I'm interested to see a couple people come on here and tell how good it is.

One of my biggest questions is......how many minutes of information do I get for that much money? It would have to be a TON!

Parker

Fatman
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Just stay here and first do a search for what you're looking for 2nd If you don't find it ask and you will get an answer. COST: FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

wasabi
01-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I got an Old School Crappie Fishing Family Secret for ya - <whispers> shhhhhh....use minnows! Can't get much more old school than that

laserdoc
01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I bet he uses a light at night. Like a hydo glow

Cane Pole
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I bet he uses a light at night. Like a hydo glow

maybe he rubs Chargers cat.........:p

skiptomylu
01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I fish more for fun than anything else and I will not even read all that crud nor will I listen to his talk. I don't need it to catch more than I can eat anyway. I am still trying to get through giving away my crappie from 2007. It was not but a couple months ago I gave away what I had from 2006 and still I am not to where my next package would be 2008.

Why on earth would I want a $200 anything with secrets about crappie fishing? I don't care enough to even look. I don't care if I go fishing and every once in a while I don't catch any, but most of the time I catch all I need and when they go in the freezer there is already too much in there.

just my 2 cents,

Skip

limbhook
01-08-2009, 03:29 PM
There you have it, from men who probably know what they are talking about. Some on this forum can more than likely give him some Old School crappie secrets.

rnvinc
01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll guarantee if you ask any question here...you will receive plenty of answers...except for maybe GPS coordinates...lol

Some of these guys would probably share those with you...

Cherokee Ref
01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice and the friendly welcomes.

CrappieKidd
01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
I am sad to say I bought it. If you knew nothing maybe it is worth it. It is all about people telling their expierence on the lake. Lot of stuff did not pertend to my lake. A couple of interseting tips and that is all I got from it. One was use a thick rope for your anchor. Crappie will hide behind the rope all they need is an eyeball covered and they are happy. Have not tried that one.

I wish I had saved my money and put it towards a humminbird si.

go dart
01-08-2009, 09:57 PM
heres a free one and worth every penny. my favorite uncle taught me to always spit in the minnows eyes before sending him to battle. i bring this old trick out when it gets slow. keeps me entertained and puts my uncle in my heart

BamaMan
01-09-2009, 04:06 AM
I am sad to say I bought it. If you knew nothing maybe it is worth it. It is all about people telling their expierence on the lake. Lot of stuff did not pertend to my lake. A couple of interseting tips and that is all I got from it. One was use a thick rope for your anchor. Crappie will hide behind the rope all they need is an eyeball covered and they are happy. Have not tried that one.

I wish I had saved my money and put it towards a humminbird si.

Send it back!!! 100% satisfaction guarantee!!!Right

crappiemax
01-09-2009, 04:43 AM
I fish more for fun than anything else and I will not even read all that crud nor will I listen to his talk. I don't need it to catch more than I can eat anyway. I am still trying to get through giving away my crappie from 2007. It was not but a couple months ago I gave away what I had from 2006 and still I am not to where my next package would be 2008.

Why on earth would I want a $200 anything with secrets about crappie fishing? I don't care enough to even look. I don't care if I go fishing and every once in a while I don't catch any, but most of the time I catch all I need and when they go in the freezer there is already too much in there.

just my 2 cents,

Skip

I'm not trying to judge, but I don't understand. If you have so many fish in the freezer, why not just C & R until you use what you have? Once my supply is up, I quit keeping for awhile.

TeamCSJE
01-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I agree, with so many experienced crappie fishermen on this site...there are years and years of experience here. The internet is such a blessing, bonding us all with something we all love. I have been researching info on this site for about three years now and finally joined back in early summer. I didn't feel that I knew enough to contribute, just learn. I am in my mid 30's and have been fishing since before I could walk and I still don't think I have enough experience but I keep an open mind and good attitude and continue to learn from everyone else's experiences...both mistakes and successes. Something I have learned from this site is don't make things too complex and enjoy every trip. I believe that with the commercialization of our era we feel we have to have a ton of JUNK to be successful whether it is at fishing, hunting, work, family, etc. If we simplify we will enjoy much more. I apologize for my rambling...just my $ .02.

TeamCSJE
Arizona Slab Slayers

Charger
01-12-2009, 07:08 AM
maybe he rubs Chargers cat.........:p

:eek::D

flatfish46
01-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Here's you an old school trick My dad often used a old nylon stocking of my Mom's filled with 1 can of cream style corn and cotton seed meal he'd drift this along the bottom normally after the winter goin into the spawn he'd hange it right over the side of the boat then he'd cast a slip-bobber rig about 30 feet out from the boat and fish it 4 foot off bottom the crappie's will come in and pick off the traling baitfish chasing the food partical's that are floating up that's why he fished his minnow's up 4 foot.

Bob # 1
01-12-2009, 09:06 PM
In the EBook due out soon 'Fishin4Crappie Beyond Basics

There are four pages on the subject the title
is "1947 Crappie Secrets Revealed"

Here are part of those pages that tell it like it is

=================
www.fishingboard.net - Night Fishing For Crappie (http://www.fishingboard.net/forums/gear/4359-night-fishing-for-crappie.html)

The 1947 Crappie fishing secret...What is it? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081213124705AAohtZH)

Have you ever seen the Crappie Fishing Secret Weapon? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080419095138AAlU0Aa)

Fishing Fury - A fishing blog with attitude! Blog Archive The Evening Secret - Not Really a Secret (http://www.fishingfury.com/20051024/the-evening-secret-not-a-secret/)

=========================

Here are some nice links

Crappie Candle

YouTube - Crappi Candle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlcxSwsGJ8Q&feature=related)

Great link

YouTube - You've Got To See This Underwater Fish Light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KffN6z0LFo&feature=related)

shipahoy41
01-13-2009, 07:30 AM
Welcome from Alabama. I am sure that everyone on this site is willing to help you catch a few more crappie. On many setups both artificial and live baits are on the same crappie rigs. This is the best of both techniques.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/shipahoy41/CRAPPIEDOTCOM/Mikesdropperloopjigrig.jpg

Use 1 &#189;” length or smaller minnows. Crappies are easily attracted to changes in light patterns so some type of jig with a blade is also very effective.

One of the most disgusting but most effective live baits for crappie is the “maggot.” Place them in a container with some white cornmeal. Fish the maggots using a #4 gold hook or tip a hair jig with them for added scent attraction.

crappieman_101
01-22-2009, 12:00 PM
i found that package at a yard sale 4 15 dollars,,,and it was way over priced,,,good fishing guys

olesilverside
01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I would have to agree with everyone on here, this is all the information you will ever need new or old.... I just e-mailed the guy about the 1947 secerts, just a simple e-mail, I can't get rid of the guy and his crap is old school stuff and a lot about night fishing. I worked nights and don't want to fish nights also, to many bugs.......... my 2 cents.......

fishmannyj
01-22-2009, 01:31 PM
I have read the books, watched a few videos and spent hours on here....still cant catch crappie!:confused: Maybe I'm a slow learner?:) If I hang out here a couple more years and make a few crappie camps maybe I can get my degree. Keep up the good work guys.

deathb4disco
01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I have read the books, watched a few videos and spent hours on here....still cant catch crappie!:confused: Maybe I'm a slow learner?:) If I hang out here a couple more years and make a few crappie camps maybe I can get my degree.

You can only learn so much from books, videos and the internet. There's no substitute for spending time on the water with a crappie veteran.

Why don't you hook up with another crappie.com member who lives near you? Or hire a guide for a day or two. I think at least one of the guides who posts here is in Arkansas.

hotmod
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I made the mistake of getting on his E-Mail list & he was sending me leaders to a new secret every 2 or 3 days, but his ultimate goal was to get you to buy his "Secret weapon" which comes for a short time with a case & the crappie catching course. I ask several times about the so called secret weapon but got no responce. The secret weapon is just a 4' green light & I believe he gets $200.00 for it. I have 2' green lights from Academy for under $30.00

Too many people have gimmics to try to milk bucks out of others. I believe some are worse than the old aluminum siding salesmen from years ago.

yankee doodler
01-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Just stay here and first do a search for what you're looking for 2nd If you don't find it ask and you will get an answer. COST: FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman

bump

ready2fish
01-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has shelled out the bucks for this set of cd's and manuals purporting to be the end all to catching crappie. I'm not naive enough to believe everything I read, but his ad is pretty convincing. Any input or opinions? Thanks in advance. Longtime lurker, new poster. really enjoy this site and all I have learned from it in a short time.

welcome here

i know what your saying, thats lots of green to spend but living here in Michigan i wouldn't mind watching them videos while im watching the snow fall :eek:

Big Crappie 2
01-22-2009, 04:54 PM
here is an idea if you want to spend that kind of $. send everyone on nc crappie $1. we will be glad to help! just kidding.if you want to know something ask on here and you will more than likely get an answer!!! good luck!

Cherokee Ref
01-22-2009, 06:40 PM
All,

Thanks for all the comments. It's pretty much what I thought most would have to say. Just wanted to know I wasn't missing out on some 'gotta have' info. I have already learned much on here from just surfing. I'm sure I will be asking questions in the future that are concerned with actually catching fish. Can't wait to learn more. Thanks again, guys.

beenfishin?
01-22-2009, 11:30 PM
fatman gave you the most valuable "secret weapon" you wil ever get for crappie, and it was FREE! Listen to the folks on here then go try it out. You WILL catch more fish with their tips and some practice.

rnvinc
01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
The best "gotta have" info I ever learned about crappie is...what is the crappie's favorite place to be at what water temp?