Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spinning rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default spinning rods

hello all, i know this topic is been brought up a lot but need some input. i'm wanting to buy a couple of spinning rod's for casting...not trolling or jigging. i have a couple of ozark 7 1/2 footer's and loved them...great backbone for lifting in the big ol slab's and very lightweight. but one broke on me and can't seem to find them for sale anymore. i have read a lot of good thing's about the pro angler rod's. are the 8 footer's made for casting? the price is very reasonable. all i found was everyone talking about spider rigging and or trolling with them. what kind of rod's do you all recommend? i know i want it to be between 7 and 8 foot and want to use it for casting with my spinning reel's. also not looking to spend over $40 or so. thanx for any input and good fishing to all!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

pro angler makes a great 8ft for about 30 bucks.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

what ever u get if its for casting make sure its got the spinning type guides (the ones that get gradually smaller)

Post Thanks / Like

If you use a 7 1/2 for casting an 8ft. proangler ought to work. I like mine as good as Wm for a lot less money. I will be ordering more. $32 for cork handle 8footer.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 7'-6" BPS micro lite rod, and it will cast a 1/32nd oz jig about as far as I need. They cost about $45.00 and they have real good sensitivity. They are only available in two piece though, and I've heard that one piece rods have even better sensitivity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rednecksooner View Post
    what ever u get if its for casting make sure its got the spinning type guides (the ones that get gradually smaller)
    yeah that's what i wanted to make sure of on the pro angler 8 footer's. and those are the spinning type guide's, correct? thanx for your guy's input. they have a special on the 8 footer's if you buy 5 for i think $26 and some change. gonna see if i can round up a couple buddy's to go in on some with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a BnM Sam Heaton Super Sensitive 7' that I actually won. I love it and use it for casting in the spring etc. I think it is around a $40-50. Very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chadku View Post
    I have a BnM Sam Heaton Super Sensitive 7' that I actually won. I love it and use it for casting in the spring etc. I think it is around a $40-50. Very good.

i was looking at those on the internet last night. got a bunch of good review's. only work til about 11 tomorrow. think i may head out to cabela's and or bass pro and put some in my hand's and get a feel for a few of them. would like to have a new rod for the okie trip, can't wait! gonna be a good time:D thanx guy's!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the sam heaton also...even tho I prefer a 1 piece for casting...I think one looses just a little sensitivity in a 2 piece rod...IMHO....so I epoxied the 2 pieces together....
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Quantum 9 ft Todd Huckabee and love it the only dislike is it breaks down just above the handle. So you end up with a 7 ft peice and a 2 ft peice to put in the rod box. But that is what gives it the great sensitivity. You are more than welcome to try it out on your trip if you want. It has a Quantum Energy PTI 20 series reel on it. Let me know if you want to try it out Jeff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast