Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glow Jigs or lighted jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow Jigs or lighted jigs?

Any of you use them? I know they are popular with ice fishermen and wondered what some of you might have to say about them. Do they attract a bite when other jigs dont? I know when i go ice fishing once a year with my inlaws up in Michigan we found that those spoons with the rattlers on them were great for the pike fishing. But thats another story. Any advice on the glow jigs would be appreciated. I thought that they may help that bite here in North Carolina muddy water.

Post Thanks / Like

I use glow jigs for ice fishing and also in dark water lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I use glow white a lot, mostly during the day. I'm not that sure glow helps a lot at night but I do use it. I like the color of glow white better then non glow white so that is why I use it. In the summer I use glow twister tails all the time but seldom fish after sundown. In deeper water I think it helps more then at night. Crappies have such good eye sight that they can find a bait in low light otherwise they wouldn't feed best at those times.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

len those seem to glow real well. Seem quite bright. What jigs are they?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey FishCrazy,
    I purchased the glow jigs from Jammin Jigs and they have a large assortment of neon glow jigs to choose from. Below is a link to there website.You can also order some product samples for $2.00. Just look on there home page where it says order product samples.

Fishing and Ice fishing jigs for walleye, bass, panfish, crappie, perch, trout, panfish, bluegill, and sunfish
    Last edited by Len; 01-09-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

They sure have a nice selection and priced right too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey those look like some nice glo jigs!!! Looks like they'll do the trick on those Ice Slabs!!!

IF YOU'RE FISHIN ON CREDIT, YOU'D BETTER SWITCH TO DEBIT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link to Jammin Jigs. I'll have to try some of those. I've had pretty good luck with glow jigs. I usually fish during evenings and I also use them when I fish in stained water. I like fishing with Custom Jigs and Spins Glow Rat Finkees, Ratsos, Gill Pill, Diamond Jig, and Demon jigs.

Ice Fishing Lures, Ice Fishing, Ice Fishing Tackle, Ice Fishing Jigs, Ice Fishing Spins at Custom Jigs and Spins