Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use these jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use these jigs

Saw these just surfing around the net and wondered if any feedback was available. Dont know how new they are but thought in our North Carolina Muddy water it may help out some to attract fish to the bait. Here is a link:

The Illuminator 1/8 - Oz. Glow Jig, Fresh Water, Illuminator at Sportsman's Guide

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use them but here's a tip for you. Go to Janns Netcraft buy the two part epoxy mix and buy a jar of the glow in the dark powder. Mix up a batch of the epoxy and add the powder to it and paint your jig heads with it.

When dry put them near the light and charge them up.

You can paint a whole LOT of jigs for the cost of the epoxy and powder.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Pricey jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Yea they are pricey. My thought was if the fish were not biting maybe this would entice the bit. Some of you who use the glow jigs may have some results from using those which would give us some indication of whether thesse may work.

Post Thanks / Like

No but I make my own Glow Jigs that I feel sure would be a bright as theirs and I have caught crappie on them, but it's not like they jump in the boat over regular jigs. My Glow Jig are very tough and will last well and the Glow will also last a long time and all you do to charge them is hold them in a light or if during the day the sun will charge them each time you bring them in.

Skip

Here is a pic and I am just holding them in my hand under the table...

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody crazy enough to spend 20,000 bucks on a Crappie boat sure as hello ain't gonna worry about a 1 doller jig. I speak for myself.:o

Skip makes good jigs.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Skip those look better than the ones I posted the picture of. Look a lot brighter. Are they a lot of trouble to make? How would one go about making some of those if you dont mind me asking. I may be out of school here if you sell them. Anyway do you find that they help in low visibility conditions? We have very muddy water here and I was thinking of trying these or some type of glow jigs so the fish could find the bait better. They as you might guess are not finding my bait as well as I would like them to! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishCrazy View Post
    Skip those look better than the ones I posted the picture of. Look a lot brighter. Are they a lot of trouble to make? How would one go about making some of those if you dont mind me asking. I may be out of school here if you sell them. Anyway do you find that they help in low visibility conditions? We have very muddy water here and I was thinking of trying these or some type of glow jigs so the fish could find the bait better. They as you might guess are not finding my bait as well as I would like them to! lol
    They are very bright and yes they are trouble to make and I don't pass that info out, sorry. You wouldn't believe how I make them. I don't mind you asking, but me telling is another matter. I did give it out to one person after he spent a couple of months guessing and not getting close. After I told him he admitted he would have never figured that out. It did take me a pretty good while to come up with them. The green is the brightest and next is like an Aqua blue and then something else.

I have thought about telling all my secret about these as I don't sell a lot of them and it's a pain anyway. Maybe some day soon.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I've found some glow thread, just regular sewing thread and have made some jigs with them. Was hoping they would work good when the crappie go under 20ft deep. Didn't have much luck there. Ended up tying some 1/16 jigs with just wraps of glow thread, no tail, and tipped with minnow under bobber for night fishing. Charged them with my head lamp. Had some nights they out-caught other lines I had out with that the only difference.