Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to tie 2 jigs on one line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to tie 2 jigs on one line?

Yep, pretty ignorant question but whats the best way and knot to tie 2 jigs on one line. I'm going to be bass fishiing tonight but I read an article about a guy that does real well around lighted docks by tying 2 jigs a couple feet a part on one line and then just slowly swimming thiose jigs back to the boat around lighted docks. So I thought I'd rig up one spinning rod with a 2 jig setup if the bass aint tearing up my black jig n' pig tonight but not really sure how best to tie on 2 jigs on one line. Apparently the guy in this article is tying both jigs directly to the line and is not using a swivel/leader. thanks!

tom

Post Thanks / Like

tie the top jig on with a loop and tie the bottom one directly to the line. or you can use a palomer knot on the top jig. Remember there is no set way for doing it you just have to find what you like best, experiment and find what you like.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same Topic - Another thread with a picture.

Here is another thread on the topic:
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=8184
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to be tight lining these straight over the side of the boat but rather casting them out and slowly retrieving them. Should I add a little weight and if so where? Thanks again!

tom

Post Thanks / Like

what size jigs will you be using? if you can cast them without adding weight i would recomend going with that, again this is personal preference. try it with and with and pick what you like. if you do add weight use split shot

Post Thanks / Like

I just tied em' on with a regulat knot which seemed to work fine. Its hard threading the line for a palomar know on those little crappie jigs. I'm using 1/16th oz jigs and there appears to be enough weight to cast without a weight. Off to the lake. After dark we will see what happens.

tom

Post Thanks / Like

good luck to you, be sure to keep your rod tip up and pay close attention for the slightest of taps. have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, swimming a 2 jig setup like this proved to be a deadly combo last night around lighted docks. Its apparently attractive table fare to not only crappie, but largemouth and hibrids as well. All I can say is that a little 3 pound hybrid on a tiny zebco spincast with 4# mr.crappie line is a fun little fight! They were tearing it up!

tom

Post Thanks / Like

good to hear, congrats tomc