Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WATERMELONS.... how do you hook them?

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WATERMELONS.... how do you hook them?

I am in the melon trade. I would love to know the prices of Watermelon in your area. Please if you would tell me how much they are now. And what is the lowest and highest price you see during the year. Thanks to all that reply. To the best of my knowledge crappie do not eat watermelon.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I saw some in kroger the other day for about 6 bucks, they were the size of a soccr ball. What a deal!

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep my eyes open, but I haven't really been looking until now.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

My uncle sells produce at a stand at his house. I'll find out today how much he gets. He grows most of his own stuff but he also buys things from the Menninites in KY for resale. Watermelons are one thing he buys. But he grows his own cantalopes. This year my dad planted a half acre of watermelon and it didn't do much. I think he's thinking about plowing it under and replanting something else. What they need is a hookup on good GA peaches. Them things sell very well. Blackberries fetch a good price too, about $15 a gallon.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlefarter
    My uncle sells produce at a stand at his house. I'll find out today how much he gets. He grows most of his own stuff but he also buys things from the Menninites in KY for resale. Watermelons are one thing he buys. But he grows his own cantalopes. This year my dad planted a half acre of watermelon and it didn't do much. I think he's thinking about plowing it under and replanting something else. What they need is a hookup on good GA peaches. Them things sell very well. Blackberries fetch a good price too, about $15 a gallon.

It don't get no better than a GA peach now!! The fruit is pretty good too.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Around 6 bucks for a small one right now in West TN, but prices will drop a little as summer gets here.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melon price

Bought one the day before yesterday at Wally world for $2.88. It was medium size, but was pretty green.(I guess it was picked green for shipping from who knows where.) Hope this helps.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

New Iberia, Louisiana / right at $6.00 each for the Black Diamonds
    Mush Mellons around $4.00 (Those little round ones with yellow or orange meat)
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny prices

I used to raise and sell Charlston greys and got $1.50 each or 3 for $5.00.LOL. I sold truckloads at the latter price! I guess it's how it sounds! :D
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Friend of mine that lives across the street in the winter time grows 8-10 acres in Indiana. He is located around Velonia.
    Joe

QUOTE=Mo'nBack]I used to raise and sell Charlston greys and got $1.50 each or 3 for $5.00.LOL. I sold truckloads at the latter price! I guess it's how it sounds! :D[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast