Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best TM battery for $100 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best TM battery for $100 ?

I use a 30# motorguide to push my small jon boat. I want a battery I can get the longest run out of for around $100. I saw a Everstart Maxx 29 Marine with 125 amp hour rateing for $70. I had a everstart 27 with 105 amp hour, and it worked well for over two years, so I'm thinking the extra 20 amps will give me a bit more time on a charge. Are Die Hard Batteries worth the extra money ? Any comments or opinions ? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

there are only a few battery manufacturers left.
    Mainly, Johnson Controls, Exide, Delco.
    Die Hard is made by one of these. It is just another label.

The only thing better than a gr 29 125 ah battery would be two!
    Ya can't no more do what ya don't know than ya can come back from where ya ain't been!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the AC Delco...but that's just my op...

They seem to last well
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

like green shiner said all made by a few companys using the same technology i'm going with a cheap battery on a good charger one good thing about wally world batts is you can find one in just about any town and most are open 24hr might come in handy on out of town fishing trips

Post Thanks / Like

Ac Delco Has A 31 Series Battery That Is Supposed To Be Great But I Have Never Used It. I Have Used Duralast For Several Years And They Are The Best I Have Ever Used. I Would Highly Recommend Them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 501ROD View Post
    like green shiner said all made by a few companys using the same technology i'm going with a cheap battery on a good charger one good thing about wally world batts is you can find one in just about any town and most are open 24hr might come in handy on out of town fishing trips
    Not so 501...Johnson Controls makes the Optima battery line. They use a spiral wrap technology that gives you more lead than the typical plate style batteries. I have two in my tracker and two in my 5th wheel. The two in my fiver are tied in parallel and I can dry camp for a week without a charge.

I run a 24v Motorguide 70# troller and have those two tied in series and can troll around all day for a couple of days easy without charging.

Personally I would pay the extra for a good battery like those. They run about $140.

See Marine

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

When i bought my Bass Tracker in 2000 it was equipped with an Interstate 12v battery and i found it to be a very dependable battery for the 43lb thrust trolling motor that was on the boat.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Just put the second optium battery in my tracker upgraded to a 24volt system they are not cheep 600.00 for the two but they should last two to three times longer hope so.The battery that came with the boat new was an Interstate it lasted 2 years I thought that was good being I mostly troll usually 2 or 3 people in the boat I would buy another one.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sold on Delco Voyagers.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    Not so 501...Johnson Controls makes the Optima battery line. They use a spiral wrap technology that gives you more lead than the typical plate style batteries. I have two in my tracker and two in my 5th wheel. The two in my fiver are tied in parallel and I can dry camp for a week without a charge.

I run a 24v Motorguide 70# troller and have those two tied in series and can troll around all day for a couple of days easy without charging.

Personally I would pay the extra for a good battery like those. They run about $140.

See Marine
    i know that there are hi-tech batteries on the market my comments were on the plain old deep cycle in the $100 or less cat.sorry i will explain myself better next time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast