Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moles

How do I get rid of them? They are taking over my lawn.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim watch the movie Caddyshack then go to Lowes and get some of those mole traps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    Jim watch the movie Caddyshack then go to Lowes and get some of those mole traps.

good one

well this is going to be one of those questions that people have many remedies to your pesty little critters. If i was to answer this i would have to know a few things, are the moles digging tunnels along (parrell) to yard or do they come up and make a mound. What type of soil do you have?, what are you surroundings, neighborer's or fields I found the best way to remove moles is by trapping and there are many ways to do this

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main sources of food for moles are grubs, if you can get rid of the grubs then you have a good chance of the moles leaving due to lack of food. Most yards have grubs to some degree.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

I used mole repellant and it pushed them to the neighbors lawn... Cheap,easy and problem solved

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    Jim watch the movie Caddyshack
    Yep! You need to hire this guy:

YouTube - Caddyshack Clip - License to kill gophers

:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ready2fish View Post
    good one

well this is going to be one of those questions that people have many remedies to your pesty little critters. If i was to answer this i would have to know a few things, are the moles digging tunnels along (parrell) to yard or do they come up and make a mound. What type of soil do you have?, what are you surroundings, neighborer's or fields I found the best way to remove moles is by trapping and there are many ways to do this
    They are digging tunnels all over the yard, with the occassional mound. The soil is somewhat sandy. I have a pond behind me, woods on one side and a 1/2 acre vacant lot on the other side. There are so many tunnels I would not know which one to place a trap in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limbhook View Post
    One of the main sources of food for moles are grubs, if you can get rid of the grubs then you have a good chance of the moles leaving due to lack of food. Most yards have grubs to some degree.
    I think I remember hearing that before. Recently I was doing some planting in the yard and did notice grubs. I guess I will start tryin to get rid of them first.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

grubs will catch fish.. just catch a 3 pounder on a grub and you have a new small bussiness

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty View Post
    grubs will catch fish.. just catch a 3 pounder on a grub and you have a new small bussiness
    The way my fishing has been I would be happy just to catch a 1 pounder.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast