Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig picture forum

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig picture forum

I think it would be nice to have a forum/gallery/whatever that is solely dedicated to pictures of jigs. A gallery of pictures would give newbies a place to look and get ideas for tying jigs and also give everyone a place to find that next great pattern.

I have been looking for patterns for weeks now and I finally came across one I think I like. I think pictures of the jigs other make and the ones they use will save time and also help us become better tyers as well as get these patterns out there and tested in more places.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree to have a picture archive. Might could use a sticky on the jig forum.Here is a good picture site and a neat video.

YouTube - Lego My Fly
    FlyTyingForum.com - Fly Patterns
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have any photos available, but I tell you what, I went from simple, to more elaborate and back to simple....I find most of my fish come from a simple pop-eye style jig. Choose your body. Marabou flows and flutters in the water like no other.....while I like kiptail for durability........although mine generally dont last long enough to worry about the marabou rotting lol

Post Thanks / Like

I am talking a more basic thing, just a simple picture thumbnail gallery. Just to see the different patterns and designs of members. I dont mind instructions but seeing patterns is what gives me ideas.
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jig Showroom

Hello
    I floated the ideal a while back. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-t...-showroom.html
    It would be nice, if it was just a showroom, with the pic of the jig, name of jig, who tied it, and what materials were used (kinda like a recipe book). It would be a AWESOME resource for newbies tyers like myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind there is a limit to how much space you can download or upload to this site and once that is reached you have to go find the old stuff and delete it to do more. Not only that, but I wouldn't post pics there anyway since I have them on my web site and I already spend enough time messing with pictures.

Not against it, but not sure how many would want to do that and then you may have to ask Ed for more room on his servers?

One more thing we already have the jig tying board which is not all that old.

Skip
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-08-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Was just a thought. Maybe when we have a bunch of pictures someone can put them in a collage and post a link from photolocker or whatever so save server space. That doesn't use up server space does it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish_4_all View Post
    Was just a thought. Maybe when we have a bunch of pictures someone can put them in a collage and post a link from photolocker or whatever so save server space. That doesn't use up server space does it?
    Well anything on the internet uses server space somewhere, but Photobucket, photolocker, webshots, etc. and so many other sites are made for that so it is what they do, store your photos for later use or to show people.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I was lookin' thru my jig pictures but all my jigs seem to have big slabs hanging on the end of 'em! Just kiddin' around. I think that would be a cool idea!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A sampling of my jigs, I personally use, is on my webpage and individuals frequently post "What do you think...." pictures on the jig tying board as Skip said. There is also the jig swamp on that board also.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast