PDA

View Full Version : Green River Report 01/03/09

tonydo
01-06-2009, 06:05 AM
My sons and I had a great day fishing on Saturday at Green River (Holmes Bend) Caught probably 50 nice crappie and kept 15 of the biggest ones which averaged 12" . Had one over 14". They will taste good tomorrow night for supper. All were caught at around 8' in 12-25' water and really close to cover. Five of the keepers had eggs. I thought that was odd but figured they were left from fall spawn.

Take care
Tony

ugglyotter
01-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the report, I have been wanting to get there but have been to busy working.:)

CrappiePappy
01-06-2009, 09:46 AM
My sons and I had a great day fishing on Saturday at Green River (Holmes Bend) Caught probably 50 nice crappie and kept 15 of the biggest ones which averaged 12" . Had one over 14". They will taste good tomorrow night for supper. All were caught at around 8' in 12-25' water and really close to cover. Five of the keepers had eggs. I thought that was odd but figured they were left from fall spawn.
Take care
Tony

... there is no "Fall Spawn" in KY. Those fish with eggs are just females getting ready for the 2009 spawn ;)

Congrats on a productive trip !! Gotta git my sorry butt back down to Green River Lake, and find out if my old spots are still good for some Slabs :D

... cp :cool: