Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EF 01/05/08 Report W/Technique

Post Thanks / Like

Default EF 01/05/08 Report W/Technique

Yates took me fishing today and we did well throwing jigs in from 2-10 feet of water.. The morning started out well and by mid morning the bite had slowed quite a bit.. We had moments of greatness throughout the day.. The highlight was when Larry showed me a new technique that involves the latest in fishing technology where he takes a perfectly good cell phone and places it in the lake.. I was sworn to secrecy that I would never tell this new method of finding fish.. Yep.. Sure enough, the crappie called me from Yates's cell phone about an hour later and told us were the fish would be biting later that evening.. The only problem was that Larry only has one cell phone and the crappie won't give it back... As with any new technology there is always a few bugs that need to be worked out..:D

All in all a great day on the lake and I looking forward to going back with Yates next Monday to put the smackdown once again.. This time we are going to refine our fish finding method and use a sfety harness so that we can retrieve the phone at the end of the day!! LOL
    Last edited by JusFshn; 01-05-2009 at 07:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

we had a good day of fishing w/70+ are best fish came mid lake in 9'-15' Jusfshn had good luck w/green I did well w/blue-white... and yes the crappie have my phone, so call me so I can save your #.
    Last edited by Yates; 01-06-2009 at 09:25 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I got that number called it today and all I could hear was bubbles and a faint sound... sounded like crappies laughing their tails off! Lost an mp3 player in the big blue last year, there are some fish tappin their fins to Ricky Skaggs somewhere down there! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hu!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha Ha! Chum with bait, not your cell phone. That's funny. Good to hear you guys are getting out and pullin in some slabs. I won't get out for a couple months now. Once the hard water is done for good, I'll get on some water.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm amazed that I haven't lost a cell phone in the lake yet. You gotta wonder how many are on the lake bottom. With all the cell phones they have, now the crappie can call each other and warn the others "Don't eat the blue and white minnows." Looks like that color won't work anymore.....
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I might just give that a try next time out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckWick View Post
    I'm amazed that I haven't lost a cell phone in the lake yet. You gotta wonder how many are on the lake bottom. With all the cell phones they have, now the crappie can call each other and warn the others "Don't eat the blue and white minnows." Looks like that color won't work anymore.....
    Must happen alot. When I got my last phone, guy told me that there's some type of sensor in the phone that can tell when it's been immersed in water. Apparently, too many people were trying to return them after they dried out, claiming they wouldn't work and that they hadn't done anything to them.....so if them crappie try to collect....

Post Thanks / Like

I don't miss the phone, I can live with the fact that I dropped it in 10' of ice cold water, But I keep getting these calls from someone or something, he said his name is Triton, King of the sea? he said he is unhappy and he is going to release the crack-n ???
    Last edited by Yates; 01-07-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckWick View Post
    "Don't eat the blue and white minnows.".....
    Speck try that blue/white from southern pro it's HOT!
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast