PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Crappie's New Hand Tied Jigs Are Here!

Sandwich Maker
01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
After a long wait....they're here! Wally's new Slab Daddy hand tied jigs are now available. All major stores, to include Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops will handle the jigs. Wally will have them at the Arlington Outdoor Show at a good price.

For a look, you can go to Blakemore's site at TTI Companies, Fishing is our Life! (http://www.ttiblakemore.com/shop/)

Fishawk
01-05-2009, 07:28 PM
kinda proud of em aren't they?!?!

Cane Pole
01-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Wally must be mighty busy tying all them jigs....Either that or he got him a harem in China....;)

wasabi
01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
jeez. just buy the cheap 10-to-a-pack maribou jigs for $1.99. stupid fish don't know the difference. don't be like a bass fisherman and think you gotta have every new color and style that manufacturer wants you to buy.

lhumphre
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
jeez. just buy the cheap 10-to-a-pack maribou jigs for $1.99. stupid fish don't know the difference. don't be like a bass fisherman and think you gotta have every new color and style that manufacturer wants you to buy.

i will second that!

8fishermen
01-05-2009, 11:50 PM
I picked up a pack today. I don't know if they will catch fish, but they caught the fisherman!:o They really do look good.:cool:

Mr.Crappie
01-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Hey Slab Daddy's are Great Jigs, here is the Story behind the Slab Daddy's t 20 years ago when I was guiding on Lake Fork in East Texas I hand Tied these jigs for all of my customers and this is what we used . I have had these in my closet for a long time. I wanted Bl;akemaore to come out with these 10 years ago but decided not to. Then this year I was coming out with the Slab Daddy's come hell or High water. Great Bait ,Looks good and Tough as nails and Catches the heck out of crappies!!! All the major Box stores is carring the Slab DaddY's. Grizzly will carry the full line of 18 colors see ya at Grizzly Jig on Jan 22. Trolling, shooting Docks, casting and vertical jigging comes in three sizes 1/32, 1/16 and 1/8
Bass Pro, Cabela's, Academy, Gander Mountain,Dick's etc will have them.
Good crappie fisherman demands Good Lures so here is your
2009 Slab Daddy's

Who's Your Slab Daddy ????

Good Luck Fishing in 2009

TnRidge
01-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Nice looking jigs .

shipahoy41
01-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Wally,

Those are some nice jigs that will catch some fish. I like the color scheme on your 'Slab Daddy." http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd100/shipahoy41/Slabdaddyicon.jpgI can't decide if it's Haloween or close to my beloved Cleveland Browns...but I know it will attract and catch some crappies. I have tied that color scheme before and it does work.

Have a great day and I'll see you on the water.

shipahoy41
01-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Wally must be mighty busy tying all them jigs....Either that or he got him a harem in China....;) I couldn't tie that many. Wal-mart and Bass Pro etc want you to send them in massive bulk! I just do some bait shops and orders for friends. Maybe Wally will subcontract to some of the tiers on this forum.

Crappie Reaper
01-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Looks like a good jig. Same one I've been tying since 1970.

Fishawk
01-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I first started using this type of jig around 10 years ago while at lake fork. Some guy near lake fork had a shed in his backyard where he had them made. I think he called em crappie busters. I've been hooked on them ever since, they catch crappie from Tex. to Iowa to Tenn.! Until recently there hasn't been a lot of places to buy them.

Cane Pole
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM

Them things are cheezy. Can't catch fish with 'em. They will work in a mouse trap pretty good though.;);)

Fatman
01-06-2009, 04:00 PM
For folks who can't or won't tie their own!! They look nice but I'd bet they don't last as long as mine do.

Fatman

GRIZZ
01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
TTI link isnt working.

NM I went and looked at em at cabelas. Kinda skimpy on the tailfeathers. They might have had something there is they had put deer hair tails on em.

crappiekeith
01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Good luck and congrates on the stores picking up your stuff.
With the numbers I'd say that they are made out of the US which is no biggy but ,a guy can't tye that many by himself.

I tried to farm out the ones I make.No one can get them built the way I do so I guess going mass is not for me.

I hope yours hold up or you'll loose customers quick.

tnbumblebee
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
kinda proud of em aren't they?!?!

Wow,good looking jigs but darn the price

Sandwich Maker
01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Blakemore will be higher, to protect their customers (Academy, Cabelas, Grizzly, Bass Pro,etc) Store (or internet) pricing will be lower.

possumcop
01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Yall are going to make him even richer.

Oregon slabman
01-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Looks a lot like the old Fle-Fly. $3.50 for 3 quality jigs seems fair to me.

Crappie Dale
01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Seems like i remember haveing that conversation at fishermans supply yall tryem!

CrappieDale

Crappie Dale
01-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Walleys jigs are made in HT through tti Comp we talked about this several years ago and then it was hard to make a go with it now after those years hes gotten it togeather with Blakemore lures and is one of the ideas he has been working on for a long time. This has been a long time cooming. Yall givem a try i use them and they catch fish the body makes a good bait attractor when used with smelly jelly or some type of attractant it actually will hold the scent.

CrappieDale
Team BNB Crappie jigs
|Home (http://www.bnbcrappiejigs.com)

Kman
01-07-2009, 01:28 PM
SUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRREEEEEE do have a lotta haters out there don't we now???:confused:

Jig looks good, proven design for decades, now they are available anywhere instead of just a few places, I really don't see the problem.

Worst case you are gonna pay $1.16 each for em. Even if materials were FREE, which they are not, my TIME is worth more than that.

And as far as making him richer, I bet he laughed his a$$ off at that one.:D

You guys have no clue what it takes to be in his line of work in this overly competitive, cut throat, outdoors industry. NO CLUE! I don't mean any disrespect Wally when I say this, but I bet he makes about or even LESS $ per year than most of us on here. What do you think his "cut" is on that jig? .10? .15?
Even if he made $20 a rod (and I bet he dont), won every tournament he entered, (and he wont) got a buck for every jig, (and he wont) and got paid big bucks from all his sponsors (and sponsors DONT PAY BIG BUCKS), even still, what do you have?
You have a guy living the american dream, his dream, prolly yours and mine too. Scraping by for years to feed a family, creating crappie fishing as we know it today, spending countless hours in hotels and on the road (on his own dime) for years and FINALLY gets sponsored and a taste of some success, after god knows how many years. He made videos to tell us how to fish, he does seminars, creates equipment, and now is trying to bring us a jig that several of you already said works great! And what do we do?

we tell him how much better our jigs are than his.:rolleyes:

we tell him his $1.16 jigs are way out of line:rolleyes:

we try to make him feel guilty for earning a buck.

I never met wally. don't know him at all. But I BET you he's a good guy, that works hard and deserves what little crumbs the big box stores throw his way. If he wasn't, he would have faded out years ago.

My 2 cents

skiptomylu
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't know Wally and feel sure he's a good guy since he is a fisherman (most of them are good guys), but am sure he's not tying these and I don't see anything special there. I make a very similar jig and sell them for $3.25 for 4 and not going to make any real money doing this. I do it because I like it and needed something to do other than watch TV when not fishing. I started tying after I quit trading the stock market after 15 years of doing that.

If anyone wants to pay more to get a jig with Wally's name on it then that is fine with me and have no complaints at all.

As far as that goes I could stop tying tomorrow and it will not make any difference in my financial status. I do not use any of the money that comes in for my bills and almost all goes back into materials. I bet that I have not taken $500 in the 3 years I have been doing this and most of that would be paying someone to work on my boat or something like that.

Skip

Crappie Dale
01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I do no what it takes because im doing it write now but i couldnt agree with ya more its all hype and promotional stats along with a million and a half other things.Sponsors this year along with manufactors have trimed there budgets of Pro staff and products to be sold or any other endorsemants this year.And your write it is a cutthroat industry especialy in the tackle buisness and a copy cat one as well.

Its funny you brought this up i was at a tourney once and i wore what walleye gave me a hat Mr.Crappie hat at the weigh in and by the boat everybody had there rods and equipment and just having a good time. I heard so many talk about Mr.Crappie and that they didnt like the man but one said CrappieDale what are you using to shoot those docks with i showed them and no body else would have nothing to do with me the rest of the day. I went back and looked in there rod locker after asking the same question only to find that the man they talked about so harshly they were using his product. Didnt take me long to figure out what was going on. I still use wallys product today probably because it performs well for me, thats my own oppinion though. Now his jigs, will just say they will catch fish! but so will everybody elses as long as the fish are willing and receptive to take the bait its a go for all . But if there not willing to bite then me or anybody else wont get them to bite. But youre write!

Wish i could fix this spelling prob i got talk to you soon!

CrappieDale
Team BNB Crappie jigs
http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll460/CrappieDale/SIP-1.jpg

Fishawk
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
AMEN to what Skip said. By the way, for those of your who haven't tried his jigs.........their awsome!!!

OKSTATEjiggy
01-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Tie your own, you'll never go back.

Bob # 1
01-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Smooth Lure, an Shipahoy41 jigs are the best of the best.
Just my .0000002 cents

TapOut64
01-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I was at BPS today and saw them for the first time. They caught my eye and I have mostly 1/16oz jigs and wanted to try 1/32oz so I got me a few. We'll see how they do on Saturday.

Crappie Dale
01-07-2009, 08:59 PM
caught some fish already on his electric chickens! 1/16oz

CrappieDale
Team BNB Crappie jigs
Premium hand tied jigs
YouTube - Clay Dyer - The Most Inspirational Fisherman Ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrU4JKV1SI&eurl=&feature=player_embedded)