Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who was it that was sold a 2006 motor for a 2008????

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who was it that was sold a 2006 motor for a 2008????

I just resolved my problem with this issue. The boat is a 2008 and the engine was a 2006 (new). My insurance will not replace this new 2006 with a new 2008. So, after a little negotiating (in my favor), I am getting a new 2009 115 Yammy and a jack plate. Adding a jack plate so I don't haveta trim engine up for SI...... My boat is on its way back to the factory for new paint. Should get it back mid February. I am not happy about all the aggravation, but, in the long run, I have been appeased. I must be a good whiner, negotiator, or maybe it's the pictures I possess. War Eagle has been more than gracious about my ordeal.

Wonder if Humminbird will swap me out a new antenna? Let me see for myself if it fixes the GPS problem hmmmmm.:p:p:p I will guarantee them I will post the results..
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,
    His name is Arkie John. He hangs out on the Arkansas board.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

U Da Man!!
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    Tom,
    His name is Arkie John. He hangs out on the Arkansas board.
    Ok. He and I went thru the same ordeal. The dealer has a point in this issue, but they don't pay my insurance. My insurance company would not yield to this claim .

Most all new motors will not have a manuf date. This may lead to "owner" induced fraud though. Who knows........

Post Thanks / Like

CP--Did they charge you anything for the new 09 yammy and jack plate or are they just replacing it? that would be terrific customer service if you got an 09 motor for free!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre View Post
    CP--Did they charge you anything for the new 09 yammy and jack plate or are they just replacing it? that would be terrific customer service if you got an 09 motor for free!!

I had to pay the difference (last years prices as I kept my old negotiating figures to show him and also got full credit on the 90 and no install charge). But, I did get to use a 90 for 6 months for free.
    The dealer told me it would push my boat at 42 mph with a 90. He the one who talked me out of the 115 to begin with. It would only run 36 wot. My bass tracker almost run this fast with a 60 4 stroke. I wanted about 40. I don't know why, but 40 sounds good. I guess the 115 get me there.

Looks like everything went up in price about 5-10 percent this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a 2000 Bass Tracker that would throw water in the back of the boat every time i tried to get on plane told the dealership where i bought the boat. Dealership contacted Tracker boats and they knew exactly what the problem was but had so few complaints about that particular problem they didn't fix it. Bass Tracker sent the dealership a jack plate that the dealership put on my transom that raised the motor up 4 inches and out from the transom 4 inches that took care of the problem. I normally don't run full bore but wanted to if i needed to. Bass Tracker made it right about my problem and did not cost me a penny for any thing. I was very well pleased with how i was treated from B T
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by limbhook View Post
    Have a 2000 Bass Tracker that would throw water in the back of the boat every time i tried to get on plane told the dealership where i bought the boat. Dealership contacted Tracker boats and they knew exactly what the problem was but had so few complaints about that particular problem they didn't fix it. Bass Tracker sent the dealership a jack plate that the dealership put on my transom that raised the motor up 4 inches and out from the transom 4 inches that took care of the problem. I normally don't run full bore but wanted to if i needed to. Bass Tracker made it right about my problem and did not cost me a penny for any thing. I was very well pleased with how i was treated from B T
    I got the jack plate so I would not haveta trim the motor up when running the SI. I just lazy.

I like Tracker Boats too. Never had any problem (that I didn't create).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I had to pay the difference (last years prices as I kept my old negotiating figures to show him and also got full credit on the 90 and no install charge). But, I did get to use a 90 for 6 months for free.
    The dealer told me it would push my boat at 42 mph with a 90. He the one who talked me out of the 115 to begin with. It would only run 36 wot. My bass tracker almost run this fast with a 60 4 stroke. I wanted about 40. I don't know why, but 40 sounds good. I guess the 115 get me there.

Looks like everything went up in price about 5-10 percent this year.
    It would only run 36 wot. I must be stupid but what the heck is "wot"..i have been wondering this for some time and i am seriously not the stupidest rod in the box but wha the heck is it?

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

WOT-
    "W"ide
    "O"pen
    "T"hrottle
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast