Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat Pedestal Bases

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seat Pedestal Bases

I am going to add two bases to the from of my boat. Does anyone know where I can find bases that are closed on the bottom to keep water from getting through them? If not do you have any ideas on sealing the bottom? Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Have no idea what you're talking about. Most bases are flat steel or aluminum plate with a reciever hole for a pedestal. Drill a 3" hole in deck, screw it down.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's talking about a seat base with a sealed receiver hole.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    I think he's talking about a seat base with a sealed receiver hole.
    Correct, I am looking for a sealed base. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default bases

I have only had the pin style bases on my own boats and they are open but with column in place water coming through should not be a problem. Also if you are having water come over your deck i would not worry about that little hole in the base:p. If you are having problems with water over the bow on a jon the best solution is build an alum deck the overhangs the edge of the boat by 3-4". I did this on my shallow 1436 jon and it made a huge diff. Now some of the other large column bases are made to be mounted all above the deck so the top of the seat/deck would be the barrier to water. Personally on my own alum deck i actually mounted the pin pedestal bases under the alum deck so i have no bumps just a 3/4" hole in the carpeting. You should probably clarify your application, because many boat seats are really not strong enough to handle a pedistal seat. If that is what you are after? Lastly if maybe your are getting rain in through the hole just put a plastic wine cork in it.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think you want to seal the hole due to corrosion issues. You would never get all of the water out of the tube after a rain. Even a small amount would start rust. A better option (IMHO) would be to fasten a "drain tube" to the under side and run it out under your floor. A piece of heater hose 1" would probably work. Even cheaper would probably be the clear tubing you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot.

Post Thanks / Like

I am adding additional bases to the front of my boat (Pantera II Bass Cat) to enable 2 people to fish in the front. The bases will be installed over my storage boxes so I want to keep them sealed. I was hoping that they made a base that was sealed, but I may have to seal the base myself. The boat stays covered so rain won't be an issue. Just hoping that someone had come across a sealed base. Thanks for the ideas and please keep them coming.
    Last edited by jigsbydirk; 01-05-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with MDCrappie's suggestion of a drain tube. Do it one time and forget it. If you sealed it and got freezing weather water would freeze in it.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Het jigsbydirk...have thought about something like this?

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...unt-gizmo.html

There's a couple of different ideas in this thread
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to drill 3 inch holes in a kitty either. I went with the add-a-seat so I can fish with two people in the front or the back and store it away when I'm done. I really like it.:D You can tell from the pic below that I couldn't put bases on in my rod locker lids.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast