Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Lake 1-4-09

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Lake 1-4-09

Well I decided to go run the "barge" today and make sure it still ran! Went out to Big Lake to give it a run. My daughter decided she wanted to go with me so that made it even better. Managed to catch 1 red fish and miss one red fish. Fished from 3:45 to about 5. Here are the pictures.

Laikyn enjoying the ride.

Laikyn with our red

This crazy bird has been around humans too much! He flew to 3 different boats while I was there.

I held my hand out like I had food and he tried to swallow my hand! "Don't do that" :D lol
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Good pics, Dwyane.
    I don't understand all I know about today. Dennis and I fished Rockefeller in nice rising water and only caught three flounders, two rat reds, and a tiny drum on flies. Thought we were gonna kill 'em! But...
    No big gar broaching, no geese or ducks flying around, no gulls dipping, no cormorants anywhere, and most of the cows in Pecan Island were lying down! I should have known right then that things weren't too promising!
    Anyway, at least I ate flounder for supper tonight - that's pretty good in itself!
    Hope your daughter's enthusiasm for fishing becomes a life-long thing.
    Pete

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dwayne, sounds like my last fishing trip, one fish. Glad you got to go for the ride. Even that can be fun with family.

Hey Pete, ain't it strange the way that mother nature will have her way weather we agree or not. Glad you got to wet a line, looking to do the same soon. Take care.

"gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well Dwyane, atleast everything checked out with the barge, and you got to spend some quality time with Laikyn... I tried to call you back that night, but your phone went straight to voice mail, guess you were already in your house... I just missed my limit again, but if I would have kept them 2 that were 8 and 7/8 that I threw back, I would have had it..
    You can't fish with a hung line!