Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Crappie Camp 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring Crappie Camp 2009

We've decided to have Spring Crappie Camp on Lake Greeson in southwest central Arkansas a bit later this year, hoping to avoid the floods that seem to plague us in April. We think that two weekends before Memorial Day Weekend would be a good time, which will be May 8-10 this year. The white crappie should still be spawning, the black crappie should be getting into an aggressive post-spawn pattern and the lake level is more likely to be stable, which should make the fishing more productive. If you don't have a boat we'll find room for you in another boat and Darryl and I will be taking Crappie Campers out as much as we can.

We'll also compile a list of waypoints that you can upload to your GPS for our Crappie Condos that should be productive so everyone will have plenty of places to fish.

Here are few pictures from some of my trips at that time of year.

Crappie Camp is free of charge and is open to anyone interested in crappie fishing and willing to share information on habitat, tackle, boat set-ups, electronics, techniques, etc with others.

Self Creek Lodge and Marina is a great place to stay for those that want to rough it in style and Daisy State Park and Jim Wylie and Self Creek recreation areas all have great camping sites and facilities for those that want to camp.

We'll have a pot-luck fish fry on Saturday evening and probably some seminars on Saturday afternoon. We'll also have a free Big Fish contest with top-of-the-line BnM Crappie Poles and other prizes for first and second place for big crappie and we'll have a prize for the biggest fish of any species.

You'll find pictures from past Crappie Camps and more information here - Family Fishing Trips.

We're looking forward to seeing old friends again and making new ones at Spring Crappie Camp 2009!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like a great time of the year to have it. I already have it on my leave calender and will be bringing the New Mexico crew with me. We will be staying at Self Creek cabins.They are really nice cabins with lots of room. My bunch got spoiled on them last year so I'll have to book for this year. Looking forward to another great Crappie Camp.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

If everyone wants to camp in the same area I would recommend the newer Camp Area "E" at Daisy State Park, which would be sites 82-103. All these sites are reservable by calling 870-398-4487. There is a good boat ramp within the camping area and there are a few places you can pull a boat up to the bank near sites 90, 91, 92 and 100-103.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is where I always camp and it is the best on the lake. I hope I can make it this time. Never made a Crappie Camp. I should have room in my boat as well.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

MAN!! I hope I can make it. That should be after any fairs or judging contests. We are normally wrapping things up at that time. The fall one was GREAT!! Actually get to come to this one with at least a little bit of knowledge...although I did catch my first crappie at the fall one!!

Brad, you gotta try to make it!! You'll really love it!!
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I really want to make it. I have been planning on making one for 2 yrs. now, but something has always comes up!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great event, but isn't that Mother's Day weekend?

Mike
    "Jackpot"
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Mothers can come too!!!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this time I won't have the same motor problems. If I do, i'm calling grubby or scrapper!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Crappie Camp!!!

Hello Jerry,

Mike and Paula from Texas here and we are DEFINATELY coming to camp....already reserved a camp site and looking forward to a great time and lots of BIG FISH!! Catch and release to the grease baby!! See ya in May.:D

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast