Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Moose

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hey Moose

Just wanted to let you know I ain't dead. Still working every saturday. 24 so far this year and working this coming one. Been fishing a little on sunday with all the other boaters. Been doing pretty good lately on minnows fishing deep in the creek channels. It's slow fishing until you run across a bunch of them. Then it gets fun. The lake is slowly coming down from all the rain this year. Crappie have been running 8" to 11" and they are fat for their size. Every so often I'll get on up to 15" and all in the channel. They like those stumps as much as I hate getting hung up on. My son was home from the Navy this past weekend. He's doing just fine. He was in Kuwait for the last 3 months. We got to fish about 3 hours sunday. I cleaned 35 for the short time we were out. They may be trying to school up with the cooler weather we've had lately not sure though. You may consider coming up before long and spending the night. I think our saturdays may be coming to an end before long. Hows the maps coming along. I still read the board fairly often just haven't posted. My son's truck is just about done. Speaking of him he just called and said he's back in Norfork. Looks like it's finally bedtime for me. Those rods I got sure are nice. I like the extra leverage you get from them being 10'. I fish tightline most of the time and they are light to boot. We got to get together before long. Fishing by yourself ain't as much fun as having someone else along. Talk at ya later.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default I lost my response somehow. Here goes again

Hey Larry:
    I just wrote a three page response and it failed to be posted. I just emailed ed with my frustrations. LOL

I am not going to spend another hour responding like I did earlier as it may not work either LOL.

Lets get together soon and see if we can catch some big slabs at Patoka.

Maps are still being worked on but I am making some progress.

Had to reformat the computer and reinstall windows OS. That helped. I also found a fix for my HP scanner that stopped it from messing up.

I just got a copy of Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2.0 which is a stripped down version of Adobe Photoshop CE. Hopefully it will be able to splice the map scans together. It suppose to do that automatically. Lets hope it will work. I have all the maps that I have scanned so far saved on my external usb hard drive but they are all in the PPS format. I hopefully can convert that to another format that will work with Adobe Photoshop elements. If not then I would have to rescan them, but I don't think that would be necessary. I saved them in PPS format since that was the only format that PPS 8.0 would be able to use to splice or merge them together. I have not figured out how to make PPS do that yet. I need some expert help to do it using PPS 8.0. That is why this project is still not finished.

Good to hear that your son made it back home to fish with you. Good to see he is ok.

We need to get together to fish Patoka soon. Let me know when you are ready. I will get my butt up there. I may bring the boat with me this time. Do you have room to park it and my truck? If not I will leave it at home and just drive up to your camp.

I saved your phone numbers on a post em thing so I still have that. I had to put that information back into Outlook Express so that I can still send emails to you.

Moose1am

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    Just wanted to let you know I ain't dead. Still working every saturday. 24 so far this year and working this coming one. Been fishing a little on sunday with all the other boaters. Been doing pretty good lately on minnows fishing deep in the creek channels. It's slow fishing until you run across a bunch of them. Then it gets fun. The lake is slowly coming down from all the rain this year. Crappie have been running 8" to 11" and they are fat for their size. Every so often I'll get on up to 15" and all in the channel. They like those stumps as much as I hate getting hung up on. My son was home from the Navy this past weekend. He's doing just fine. He was in Kuwait for the last 3 months. We got to fish about 3 hours sunday. I cleaned 35 for the short time we were out. They may be trying to school up with the cooler weather we've had lately not sure though. You may consider coming up before long and spending the night. I think our saturdays may be coming to an end before long. Hows the maps coming along. I still read the board fairly often just haven't posted. My son's truck is just about done. Speaking of him he just called and said he's back in Norfork. Looks like it's finally bedtime for me. Those rods I got sure are nice. I like the extra leverage you get from them being 10'. I fish tightline most of the time and they are light to boot. We got to get together before long. Fishing by yourself ain't as much fun as having someone else along. Talk at ya later.

Larry
    Regards,

Moose1am