Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Loz 6-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 6-10

Fishing wasn't great but we boat about 200 crappie, had 59 keepers,9-13 inchers for a morning in the rain. Fish suspended 10-15 down over brush. Caught with jig tipped with a minnow or niblet. Fed 12 dozen minnows to the fish and about a jar of niblets! Two rookies caught their first crappies! Fun day, but wait I think I have another bite!

Post Thanks / Like

Man I want to go with yall if you think catching 200 isn't great! Even if yall only kept 59, that is better than my last dozen trips put together! LOL!
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting for a report from Bruce where he doesn't catch his limit...Just for modesty's sake LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Twain, just said we caught 59 keepers and that was not a limit for all fishermen in the boat. don't understand the limit comment, although we do often catch limits. I caught 10 keepers Sunday morning at Truman before trolling motor threw craps and I called it quits. Hope you catch a whopper next time out. But wait I think I have another bite. Shadow wish you well and hope fishing improves for you. But, I fish a long ways from Lake Charles.

Post Thanks / Like

Twain,

Bruce rarely fails to catch fish.

Has anyone fished MTL lately? I know you have been steering clear Bruce.

Post Thanks / Like

fishin, you are right! LOZ and Truman has much better bite now, go to the action. MTL will pick up in about 10 days, it is the June swoon for MTL and fishing is always tougher there this period than the other two lakes mentiioned. But it will be back and soon. FYI lots of little ones still being caught and flash flood rains keeping things stirred up there curently, but that may settle down by the weekend, however I can't make it there for at least a week. Take care and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishin, we have been catching fish well into the post spawn pattern at Twain, rain kinda drove them deeper mostly 9 and 10 inchers nothing really to report about..........

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieOutlaw,

I have been catching fish but am still struggling with way more shorts than 9-10 inches. The bass fishing however has been pretty hot well into post spawn.

Post Thanks / Like

The biologists report for Twain claimed that 2-3 per 10 would be over 9". That is about the average I've seen the last few times up there.