Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Place On-Line to buy Trolling Motors?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Place On-Line to buy Trolling Motors?

Looking for the best deal on a Minn-Kota Maxxum 55, 12 volt, variable speed, 42 in. shaft, foot controlled trolling motor. BPS has it for 749.99 but I also noticed that the Maxxum 70, 24 volt is only 30 more bucks.
    Would the 70 be overkill for my Tracker PF-16 stick steer? I'll stay out if it's not white capping too bad.
    Not really sure who's reputable on-line but I remember some of the guys talking about who they were real pleased with.
    I know that I should have put this in the electronics forum but I thought a few more might see it on the main forum page if I tried it there first.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Slabbandit In my opinion To much is always better in every way. Dealing with wind battery life and just overall durability I am a ACS Authorized Service Center And I deal with trolling motor problems every day and I have found this to be true. If you want a good savings buy a minn kota Factory Recon I know the ones I buy to resale are just over stocks they are brand new motors that they just made and a customer didnt buy all of them and they dont warehouse and motors so they mark them recons and give you a heck of a discount I can get you a 70# recon max for around 529 or a 55# recon for around 479 the only difference is they only give you a year warranty instead of 3years but usually if anything is defective it will go bad in the first 6 months!!
    Last edited by OsoFishy; 01-03-2009 at 10:55 AM.
    Mr. Plucker

Post Thanks / Like

Bought a like new motorguide FC/71# on ebay for 365.00. Not a scratch on it, runs great.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks OsoFishy, May be calling you when I get ready to buy.
    Thanks
    Dave
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Try Grizzly Jig before you buy anything for fishing or for your boat! If you can fish with it they have it and usually at the best price. I had rather do business with a family owned place like Grizzly than anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

I think all minn kotas went up $60 at BPS jan 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

I just switched to the MinnKota in Oct. I have the same boat as you and went with the 55lb 12 volt powerdrive with autopilot. I have been really pleased so far. Went to Grenada for a week and it was good. Do a lot of spider rigging. One thing you should be aware of is that you will need to run new wires from the battery to the front. I went to the archives here after I noticed that my battery would never show fully charged at the motor and found that you should use 6 gauge wire (I think it comes with 10). Switched the wire and it is OK now.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Those are good deals at Grizzly.

Quote Originally Posted by OsoFishy View Post
    Slabbandit In my opinion To much is always better in every way. Dealing with wind battery life and just overall durability I am a ACS Authorized Service Center And I deal with trolling motor problems every day and I have found this to be true. If you want a good savings buy a minn kota Factory Recon I know the ones I buy to resale are just over stocks they are brand new motors that they just made and a customer didnt buy all of them and they dont warehouse and motors so they mark them recons and give you a heck of a discount I can get you a 70# recon max for around 529 or a 55# recon for around 479 the only difference is they only give you a year warranty instead of 3years but usually if anything is defective it will go bad in the first 6 months!!
    I got a "reconditioned" 55# Maxxum from them last summer. No problems at all and the 55 has more than enough power to jig fish 8 hrs a day in a 17' deep v boat.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.