Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: slabs in the snow

Post Thanks / Like

Default slabs in the snow

The crappie were biting in the snow today. I was fishing the wicomico and just flat tearin em up lost count but had at least 60 the biggest was 14-1/2'' 1/16 oz. jig with 2-1/2'' fin-s 12ft. of water. Was fishing jigs tendem rigged and caught 4 doubles, 2 back to back. Sittin duck came and we fished beside each other and he was slaying em too.I guess crappie weather = good crappie fishing(snow, wind rain cold) but great fishing , a great way to start 09.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not what you would call a crappie pro and have always wondered if jigs are better than minnows for cold weather crappie, never have been much of a artificial bait fisherman

But sounds like ya'll did real good on artificial, i noticed you said you had a least 60 where do you live that you can catch that many, we can only keep 50 here in Indiana. Do you have a size limit on the crappie there.
    To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required

Post Thanks / Like

It sure seemed to be non stop yesterday,I wish that i didnt get wet or i would have stayed till dark.Its 6:30am now getting ready to go again Ill post results later.

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't keep that many I only kept 9 sittin duck released all of his. We both had minnows & they were catchin too but the artificials were doing better & it's quicker to just cast right back out without rebaiting. I'd be going out today too but have a family thing to do. Be a nice day to try some new spots on the pocomoke river.