Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking about selling jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking about selling jigs?

im thinking about tying these jigs and trying to sell them for 5 bucks a dozen.thats less than 50 cents a piece.what does everyone think.bad idea or good idea im just wondering if it they would sell.give me your opinions pleaseName:  Picture 075.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  60.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

MudBug, looks good I would be interested.
    If you cast it they will come.

Post Thanks / Like

They do look good. I guess you need to ask yourself is the time it takes you to tie 12 jigs worth $5? I would think you should charge more. Also, what would your shipping fees be or would you just sell them locally?

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that they will sell but I agree that the price is negotiable. Your time making a quality jig is worth more than a Wal-Mart POS for sure. If you are using better hooks and quality material then even better.

I have tried to sell mine without much luck but I have never had anyone argue that they are worth $2.50. I think $0.75-$1.00 is not too much to ask for a quality jig.

Sorry, I don't use priority mail. First class is 4 days to most places and ranges in price from $0.83 to $3.21 for packages up to 13 ounces mailed in envelopes. I haven't had time to look up the rates for boxes but what I have seen is that it is quite a bit more.
    Last edited by fish_4_all; 01-02-2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Error on postage post
    I love taking my kids fishing, now if I could just manage to fish at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

alright im thinking $7.00 a doz. and the shipping will be 1.50.also those are not the only colors i will have more. i picked $7 cause its my lucky no.ok does anyone have more input for me im all ears

Post Thanks / Like

what is the weight of your jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

1/16 and 1/8

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to try ebay. I have been selling crappie jigs there for 10 years now.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing this for some time as well and I can tellyou it takes some time to build your client base.
    Selling thme for what you have said is giving your time away.
    I get 2$ each and it's still not a money maker.For me it's a tool to teach others how to finesse fish on those tough days.
    Hit my link and you'll see what I'm talking about.

You'll need to love what your doing 1st off.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of agree with Keith and would not be doing this for what I sell for if I didn't just want something to do I like doing. Not going to make money selling jigs and that is for sure especially at .50 each. You should think about your cost of materials and shipping to you and to the customer and then add in what you make per hour. I think you will find you per hours is way below minimum wage.

Now if you don't care about making any money and just love doing it then great, sell the heck out of them. Remember you do have to keep buying new materials as you run out and the cost of all that including you tools and such, you will not make enough money to make you happy so you need to be happy doing it before you sell them and if you are rich, heck give them away.

Just a FYI,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast