Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bow Protector

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bow Protector

Has anyone put one of those bow protectors on their boat? I am thinking about one and wanted your input first. Bull Shoals is all rock bank an can be tough on the nose of a boat. Thanks Lonnie

Post Thanks / Like

You mean like this? Hamby's Beaching Bumpers

If so, I love mine. Hambys' and Keelguard are made by the same company, Megaware.
    There is also Keelshield. When installing any of them, preparation is critical.

Post Thanks / Like

they are great i use mine alot liek shortstorie said preparation is critical and make sure it is warm out when u do it i put a keelguard on mine and i didnt let it set out in the sun and just put it on welll....it came off and talk to smithville marina about it and told me to put the keelguard out in the sun for 45 min to let it be plyable instead stiff and did it and havent had a problem

Post Thanks / Like

lonkm, I did one and it was easy with the assistance of another person, just to help hold the guard and remove the paper backing as it was being applied to the boat. If done correctly, once its on there you're not going to get it off without messing up the adhesive. I used a hair dryer to help heat things up, both the bow guard and the boat.