Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Fork..January-the frist-2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork..January-the frist-2009

It was a good start to the new year; we put on the lake at 10:am it was 18F with lite winds, could not get in the main river, iced over (all day) cabin run back 2/3 was frozen, open out front. barns run was frozen on the left and right banks & in the back center. clover was open and windy but the fish were bitting What a start? we had to fished open holes in the ice, only saw 4 boats.. Tom & Troy had a BIG bag. with a 14 & 5/8" kicker. Tim & Mike were out and also had some good fish. talked with Phil he said it was slow? I saw him catch some nice fish, I had 70 fish with a good bag..
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the park hiking today. Lake looked great at the Bantam ramp. I sure wished I was on the water, I'll be out this weekend.

Good report, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastfork 1-2-09

Tough start this morning for me, I started in the coves. I only had around 10 about noon, then moved to the main lake and started catching them on laydowns. Ended up catching around 70 total.

Good luck Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input, I'm going out in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey starvin and Larry, have you guys done any good at all on the Slade Road/dam end of the lake this winter? I haven't really fished it hard in a while, but when I have fished it hasn't really produced very well at all. Really all year for that matter. When we were out Wednesday that end of the lake was much cleaner than anything from Bantam to Clover and Poplar, but we only found a few there. If I could find some good fish there it sure would make for a shorter ride for me. I can be on the water there in about 5 minutes from the house. Maybe now that the main lake bite is coming around Slade will turn on also.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

YES! the two cove near the dam & the next one up on the right all are giving up some good fish in 8' to 12' try blue/white tubes, but don't tell doug;
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork

Well that's it, no secrets left. We started in the river a few months ago, now we're at that dam. In the last few months we have caught fish from one end of the lake to the next. Yates can't keep a secret spot or bait a secret.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

Default secert weapon

Starvin, you didn't tell them about your sercet weapon did you? You havn't had it out in a few months.

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT ??? secret bait !!!
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I haven't fished it like I used to in a while on that end. I like the river and the creeks a lot and been staying there till the fish run me off. Last winter I caught almost all my big crappie from those coves by the dam, but haven't really been on 'em there this year. Of course, most days when I stop there it's after we lit 'em up on the other end and weren't really hitting 'em all that hard anymore.
    I hope you guys are this willing to share location and colors when March rolls around and the tourneys start. Maybe I'll actually take some of your money this year. I'm tired of donating to the pot. Between you guys, I'd say you've drank many a beer on me in the past two years..... You're welcome.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast