Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spray on attractants ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spray on attractants ?

Okay, do they help catch more fish than without ? Stuff like; YUM! , Fish Formula II, Baitmate, etc. If they work which brand and flavor works the best ? Good on hard baits or just soft baits ? Do you reapply alot ? Just wondered if it'd be worth it or not. -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The only success I've had was with Berkley's nibbles. I have had very good results with YUM! and Gulp baits for green carp. I can't tell the diff with liquids, gels, and sprays.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used spray-ons while bass fishing "Jacks Juice" garlic scent I fished half a day with no results flipping plastics I sprayed some on my tube jig in 5 minutes had my first fish of the day my son sprayed some on his bamm the next fish. It helps does it attract or cover up scent on your hands I think it has some advantage.

I saw a good tip on the board put some cotton in your tube jigs then squeeze some attractant on it should stay on a little longer also try stuffing nibbles into your tubes. I thought I have read the garlic has a negative effect on crappie though.
    Vietnam Vet
    RECONATACRON-7,
    USS ENTERPRISE CVAN-65

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilghman View Post
    I have used spray-ons while bass fishing "Jacks Juice" garlic scent I fished half a day with no results flipping plastics I sprayed some on my tube jig in 5 minutes had my first fish of the day my son sprayed some on his bamm the next fish. It helps does it attract or cover up scent on your hands I think it has some advantage.

I saw a good tip on the board put some cotton in your tube jigs then squeeze some attractant on it should stay on a little longer also try stuffing nibbles into your tubes. I thought I have read the garlic has a negative effect on crappie though.
    I find garlic doesnt bother me with crappie fishing that much. It does however make the bluegill go crazy. When i put garlic gulp spray on a beatle spin with a plastic minnow i will catch maybe 1 crappie for every 4 bluegill. However these are bigger bluegill seeing i catch them off mussle beds. However i did land a 1 pound and 10 ounces crappie on a beatle spin with garlic spray. Who knows it could be true seeing i dont catch as many with it on but i do catch some large ones.

Post Thanks / Like

If I go with anything I figured I go with a shad flavor so i can use it on my rattle traps also . Shad seems to be more "natrual" ; why are fish attracted to garlic anyways ?

Post Thanks / Like

Making your own scents. Two cups hot tapwater mixed with two tablespoons garlic powder and a level teaspoon of salt....mix well and pour some into each baggie of soft plastics. Float the re-sealed baggies on a pail or a sink of hot tapwater for a half hour, then drain off excess liquids from each and re-seal. They will dry in the baggie and the garlic and salt, being in a water based liquid, will both be penetrating the plastics.

Optional....make a pot of very strong coffee and use that in place of the above.

Second optional..... Use the coffee with the garlic and salt. Float on hot tapwater and drain off excess liquids.

Post Thanks / Like

kodak paste is the very best you can get. rocket rich

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get minners. They got the right smell............

Never smelt a garlic minner.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Manly yes, but I like it too.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Get minners. They got the right smell............

Never smelt a garlic minner.
    Amen to that Cane Pole!:D
    If I'm gonna use any kind of scent, it's usually Yum Wooly Curltails or Beavertails, or tubes stuffed with Berkley nibbles out of a bait pump. Most times though, I'm just too lazy to keep reapplying any spray or gel scent. The Yum stuff is already on the lures, and nibbles last a long time out of a pump. But like Cane Pole says, minnows always have the right smell.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast