Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "bassboat" minnow buckets (Jerry and Darryls design)

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "bassboat" minnow buckets (Jerry and Darryls design)

I got this idea from Jerry and Darryl's boats at this fall's crappie camp. They use two paint buckets....the little .99 cent ones from the hardware store. They fit into one another perfectly. One has holes drilled all in the bottom and the sides, the other intact. When you need a minnow, pull the inner up and the water stays in the bottom one. On warm days you can easily change out water without loosing minnows. You also get to keep 10 or so minnows right there in hand and not have to have the big minnow bucket up front with you, it can stay in a cool shady spot.

The holder I built was out of a large cap that I put a 1 1/4" adapter on, then played with the length of it till I liked the height, its mounted to the deck with a floor flange so I can remove it when I'm bass fishing. I hang my tools on it also for my rod holders and needle nose and fingernail clippers for cutting line. Its handy to have up there. Jerry also stores his markers up there so they are in easy reach when he needs to toss one out to mark a spot. Mine are built just high enough that I can pull the inner bucket up and it wedges up against my rod holder and will hold it up at an angle so I can get minnows out without getting my hands wet. Thanks again to agrihawg for taking pics!

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Looks like a slick way to rig one up
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

did you make your rod holders? Why the pipe insulation?
    born to Fish, forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

yes I made them...they are on the bassboat rodholder thread...I put that insulation on there to keep things from banging against them and making noise and to protect the paint...I'm going to wrap the top also...that way I can lay a rod across them and not bang against metal...also if someone got one to loose and it fell it will be softer on the side of my boat. I can also hang jigs on it. Probably replace it once a year...but thats okay.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great Ideal! Mind don't fold, but I like the idea of holding the jigs.
    Thanks!!
    born to Fish, forced to work

Graybeard Guest

Default The bucket holder?

What kind and size of cap is the bucket holder made from?

Post Thanks / Like

6" sch 40 cap...we had some laying in the shop and they worked out great. I do not know what they would cost but I don't figure they would be cheap. Just a piece of 6" pipe would work if you could figure out how to put a bottom in it and attach it to a mount.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like a fish CATCHING rig to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like that bucket would work great in cold weather. I've just been using a minnow dip net, but that looks like it would be easier. We don't do much trolling here, but that mount might still keep me from bending over so much.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

its really nice not to have to bend over...its right there...and you could actually build it as tall as you wanted...and when you pull the top one up from the base all the water comes out...so you will not get your hands that wet at all...just where you touch the minnow. Really nice in cold weather, and alot quicker than chasing them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast