Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "bassboat" rodholders

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "bassboat" rodholders

These are some pictures of the rod holders I built for my Ranger. I looked at alot of the designs out there and most of them didn't move. The crappiekiller had one that was pretty neat so I built mine alot like them. Beings that its in a bass boat I needed it to be not only removable but articulated...so I took some flat metal and welded on both sides of the square tubing...this allows movement at the bottom...to move holders closer or further away from you...and at top...so when you change the angle at the bottom by moving the holders away or closer you can level the top back off. Also on top I welded a nut into a piece of round tubing that allows the top 360 degrees of motion...then on the top peice, which is angle iron, each rod holder itself can move a full 360 degrees. They attach to the deck via a floor flange. The only way I could articulate the rod holder was to use round and square tubing...round being used on top for angle iron movement and on bottom to allow it to screw into the floor flange...the square tubing being used to allow movement. I am going to put some more of the pipe wrap on top..this keeps things from banging around...its make is kind of hard to see how they are built though. I have been using them a month or so now...and Agrihawg finally made me take pictures...so thanks to him I have pics to post. :D If you have any questions about them feel free to ask...Minus the rod holders themselves I had about 50 bucks in three of them. I ordered 12 rod holders off of ebay to mount on the angle iron. That was another 75....so around 125 or so I built 3 of these for my boat...and they are HANDY....ecspecially when moving around you can pull the whole rig to you and those rods tips go high so you can ease to the next brush pile..and they are easily removable, which is a must in a bass boat.

I'm still piddling with the stuff in the boat...but it seems to work pretty well and I don't have to move around so much...lol.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

It's about time! Now I can finish the set I'm building for my dad's boat and get pictures of them on here!

BTW everyone, I've fished with Scrapper out of this boat and this setup works really well. My dad, Scrapper, and myself have fished out of this boat and boy is it set up well. Easy to use and nothing in the way.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Scrapper, I'm thinking about putting a thread on here showing the re-carpeting of your boat. Also, I think it will show off your deck extension a little better.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

lol...yeah thats cool, I'm using your photobucket account by the way. I'm uploading pics of the Ranger I'm doing. I got half of it done....logged in 5 hours...lol...still want another coat of wax on it too. lol
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

nice setup

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good there.
    http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/luckyshorses/?start=0[/url]
    Hook em and bring em in the boat.
    Boys look at them bouncing juggs lets get them in the boat.
    3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake SGT of Arms.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey scrapper...great design on the rod holders...especially the articulation adjustment....I really like that!!

I notice you keep wrenches handy for adjusting.....

Have you thought about welding a 4 or 5 inch rod to the adjustment nut...it would make it easy to loosen/tighten the joint by hand...

It's just an idea....

Oh!! I like your PVC rod holders down the left side of the deck also!!
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

rnvinc...yeah I thought about that...I thought about wingnuts also...agrihawg will probably get on to me when I say this....I didn't think I could weld the piece on the nut and make it look nice and uniform on all of them. I'm REALLY OCD when it comes to things like a boat, vehicle, building something or whatever. It would be MUCH easier to use if I did though. They have about gotten broken in though. I get them pretty tight at the ramp and they stay just loose enough you can move them around but will not move under weight or running the lake. Its really a work in progress, I cannot leave well enough alone. :rolleyes: Thats why you see screws to help brace the middle of the vertical rod holders...I redid them three times because I changed my mind on how I wanted to build them. :p

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm OCD as well.....I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse sometimes....lol

Your setup looks great!!!
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a very nice setup. Nice work. I love the fact that you can lay them down. Your design and Cane poles moving set up leave us very jealous.

Keep up the good work.

Dayton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast