Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Black lake

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Black lake

Been up there a couple times already. Ice is now 5-7 in. Yesterday it was really cold, and making it thicker... plan on going back , maybe fri. and sat.

My friend Tim with our combined catch.

Happy new year to all and stay on top! :D

Post Thanks / Like

15 people looked....not one would even say hi ? So if I went back up there and there was 15 new faces in my spot...I would call them all LURKERS!

Post Thanks / Like

Went back on Sat. with a group from another site. Had 9-11 in. good ice. We all caught tons of fish, with most of us getting close to a limit of keepers by the end of the day. Willy gut the biggest!

Post Thanks / Like

sweet!!!!

After hitting 60 degrees last weekend (27th & 28th), I'm kinda iffy on giving the hard water a try just yet. Had us a couple good cold nights and some chilly days, maybe by next week I'll be a bit more confident in our local ice.

Mean-time, second season for ducks and geese is still open up thru this coming weekend, so chances are I'll be sitting in a field calling geese instead of drilling holes in the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

CP,

Thanks for the pics; those fish look like they have frozen. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

im one of the 15 that looked but you probably wont see me up there for a while. i am from delaware and our ice is not good to walk on it just prevents us from getting out on our ponds and rivers, usually. sat am between two boats we caught around 100 fish on a local tidal river just south in maryland, lots of fun. i really enjoyed your pictures on black lake, maybe some year ill get up there and try the ice. do you fish black lake for crappie when its not frozen?? ive crossed over black lake lots of times visiting a friend in huevelton but never fished there, just on the st lawrence. again enjoyed your pictures and keep up the good work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea that would be cool to go fish it from a boat. Do you guys fish it when its thawed out?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man Black Lake!!!!!! I haven't been there since 1981!! the year I graduated from High School, apparently the fishing is still good!!!!!!!!

Fatman