Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: If Im lie'in Im die'in

cherokee, ever creek, river and pond between white pine TN. and lee co. VA.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If Im lie'in Im die'in

I was fishin a tornament about 10 years ago on cherokee lake in east TN. I was a non boater fishin with a guy named joe cant remember his last name. We put in at marshall bridge ran to evergreen access area. Where he caught a large mouth about 3 #. I said to him as he noticed it also, man that fish has go a broken back. It was a crooked as a dogs hind leg and he replyed. Yep and look at his eyes. They were as red as as a cherry. And to top it off his lips were black like he had on lipstick and a large black spot on his side. This was an extreamly odd fish.
    We fish the rest of the day and caught e few more fish we didnt smoke em but we didnt get smoked either. We returned to the marshall bridge and weighed in. All fish were released healthy.
    Two or three days latter Im fun fishin in a hollow where oak grove ramp is located. Im fishin a 5" bluegill colored grub on a wide bite hook weightless around brush around a boat dock. I see my line jump and I set the hook. I liped this fish and couldnt beileve what I saw. A 3# largemouth with a broke back, red eyes, black lips and a black spot on his side. Hold my hand to JESUS if I liein may a tiger eat me feet first.
    The fish was first caught between point 11 and 12 area. The fish was released between point 19 and 20 area. I caught the fish strait across from point 17. That is quite a distance. And where I caught him is roughly halfway between the the catch and release locations. You think that fish was a home body and knew how to get back? Makes you wonder!

Post Thanks / Like

I have read of trophy bass that were tagged with transmitters and caught and released several time. they would return to there feeding and resting area like clockwork. That is strange to have caught it twice. I have caught fish in small ponds several time but never in a lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched Roland Martin do that on one of his shows one time.He was sight fishing spawning bass in clear water.Caught this bass and tagged it on camera then put it in the livewell and moved 1 mile down the lake and released it.That afternoon some hours later returned to the bed he caught it on and caught the same fish again. And showed the tag to the camera.
    He said that no matter the distance fish would return sooner or later to the same area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieTech View Post
    Watched Roland Martin do that on one of his shows one time.He was sight fishing spawning bass in clear water.Caught this bass and tagged it on camera then put it in the livewell and moved 1 mile down the lake and released it.That afternoon some hours later returned to the bed he caught it on and caught the same fish again. And showed the tag to the camera.
    He said that no matter the distance fish would return sooner or later to the same area.
    C-Tech, I ain't doubting what you saw, but I can't help but wonder if a little camera "trickery" might have come into play. Just wondering.:D