Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Work Work Work

Post Thanks / Like

Default Work Work Work

Yesterday me and 2 of my kids moved all the cattle from one field away from where the creek is and now I have a perfect little bruise on my chest that looks exactly like a calfs hoof (NO I WASNT AND DONT SAY ANY SMART COMMENTS). Today we are burning all the cattails in the creek. Dang things have taken over. This should also get rid of most of the bobcats that are out there. The catttails are slowly but surely making a marsh instead of a creek. There used to be some good fish in the creek but not sure if there is anymore. I need to get an excavator and dig some of it out. I am ready to see the fire today. I figure its going to be awful big. I will try and get some pics.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the burn off, being a pyromaniac myself I love the spring burn season, the sight of cedar trees exploding with flames. Those cattails should go up big time. And if you can, get some of those bobcats, I hear furbuyers are paying between $50 and $120 per cat.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fellow ranch hand

Hello, I am new to forum. Just thought I would tell you that I used to live in Texas between Ft. Worth and Wichita Falls. I worked for Malcom Stewart, he owned 28,000 acres. I rode fence lines, pulled calves, chopped ice, etc,etc,etc including doing some cooking for us. Move bulls around, and drove the most beat up trucks you ever seen. Took a gooseneck load to sale barn each monday.
    I also was licensed for government trapper. So, we had out over 600 snares on fences and put out M-44's. Tried to keep coyote population down which meant digging up dens in winter. Man, seems like 100 years ago, but that was back in 1980's.
    Now I live in Indiana where my dad is from. My wife and my mother are from a town called Jacksboro. You may of heard of it. My uncle owned the only grocery in town for like 30 years. He was known all over the state because he owned so much cattle. Trucks shipping them all over the place. His name was OL Pender.
    We fished Brazos river and Possum Kingdom Lake in Graham.
    Well, I better shut up before I lock the website up!

Post Thanks / Like

Donald its nice to meet you. I think I have some Family in Jacksborro but dont ask me their names lol. I love being outdoors. One of my Older friends used to be the Govt. Trapper here and he used to put out the sionide for the coyotes.
    zinsurance I have pics coming
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911