Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gettin out 12/31/08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gettin out 12/31/08

Myself, speckwick and his dad gettin out to eastfork tomorrow anyone else plan on being out. Hopefully the weather bears with us but im sure we can handle it. Fished in colder allready this year. Well see ya if we see ya. Take care and good fishin yall.

John
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tomorrow

If I get out of work in time I'll see you guys on the water.

Starvin

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, we'll be there. Got 9 dozen minnows at home says we goin fishin tomorrow. There callin for 30 deg. for a high and 13 mph nw wind. We definitly gonna be there.

John
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Ohio_Crappie_Boy;648842]Sounds good, we'll be there. Got 9 dozen minnows at home says we goin fishin tomorrow. There callin for 30 deg. for a high and 13 mph nw wind. We definitly gonna be there.

John[/QUOT

John leave those minnows at home; and keep those hand dry... have fun and be safe ..Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and be carefull

Post Thanks / Like

Got up this morning and the wind is rippin out here in bethel and they have wind advisory out, we had planned on 6:30 to 7:00 gettin on the lake but were gonna wait a couple hours and see if that wind dies off. They sayin that the wind advisory will be over at 8:00.

Hey larry, my hands will be all right im tuff, lol. Thats an awful lot of minnows to go to waste. I'll have some extra gloves. Well we'll keep yall posted. Wind wind go away don't come back ................ummmm at all. Good fishin yall.

John
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....where did this wind come from. I thought about you guys when I walked out this morning. Hopefully it will calm down later and you'll have a good trip. Be safe and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

We finally got out about 8-8:30 and the wind did die down. Wind still blew all morning but not as bad as 6 this morning. Caught around 60 fish. Blacks and whites. Biggest was a white from specwicks dad . Caught most fish around 1 1/2 to 3 feet deep. No fish under 5 feet. Temp this morning was 32 and when we got off the lake was 28. But i know i could tell a difference. Water temp, dont know fish finder wasn't working. I would say ummmm cold. Great way to end the last day of the year.

ALL LIVE BAIT MINNOWS UNDER SLIP FLOAT

Well theres the post for the day i guess. Have a very safe and warm new years eve, and have a great new year also.

John
    O_C_B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    Wow....where did this wind come from. I thought about you guys when I walked out this morning. Hopefully it will calm down later and you'll have a good trip. Be safe and good luck.
    For once the weather men hit the time right on the nose. At 8:00, the real strong stuff stopped, just like they said. Good thing. Not sure when I was gonna be able to get back out and I would have been hard to live with if I didn't get the chance today. John, I wasn't sure how three guys in my boat would work out, but it went pretty well. We all caught a lot of fish and we my old man didn't school us too bad.
    Happy new year to everybody! Hope the crappie in 2009 are as good as they've been in late 2008.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you guys, glad to see the wind let up. I bet that was a long ride from the dam to clover. The wind seems like it's been worse this year that most years I can remember.

I hope nothing is to serious with the debth finder. I know those LCD's don't like super cold weather. I was at Weiss Lake years ago and the temps dropped to 13 degrees over night. I just put a new Lowrance x-15 mt on the boat. We kept the locator in the truck, wrapped in some blankets to help insulate it and to keep it out of sight. A week later, it died. The manual said it could handle temps down to 8 degrees but I always suspected the cold is what killed it. Luckily, Lowrance did replace the unit at no charge. That's one reason, I keep that old Eagle silent 60 flasher on the front deck of my boat, I don't think anything can kill. (but I have a spare....just in case)

And a Happy New year to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast