Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Snake skin fly line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snake skin fly line?

Anyone ever use this line? Saw it at Gander Mt. and Cabelas. At 100 hundred dollars wanted your opinions before I bought it.
    Any info?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I took a guided trip in Florida back in October, and the guide had one rod loaded with the sharkskin line. I really liked it. It shoots well and floats high.

Still, I don't know if I'd buy it. $100 for a line is awfully pricey. You can get perfectly adequate lines for a lot less. The Sharkskin is supposed to last longer than regular lines. In that respect, it's kind of like Power Pro or Fireline: the initial cost is high, but it has a longer life and a few other advantages.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DB4D
    Got a custom rod for my son for Christmas so looking for top of line real and line.

Post Thanks / Like

Templer -
    I have never used SA's "Sharkskin" line, but it is only another "rough-finish" line, though perhaps a bit more radical than the others. Orvis's "Wonderlines" are basically the same and about $30 less, depending on their purpose. I have plenty of those, have thoroughly abused them for two to three years each, and they still do their job.
    Good luck.
    Pete