PDA

View Full Version : 2009 catalog

monkscrappie
12-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Received my 2009 Bass Pro Catalog yesterday. Based on the latest prices, this Chinese Manufactured fishing tackle is going upward fast. I have the feeling that when I have to start replacing some of my current on line store inventory, I will be surprised at the new prices for 2009. Apparently, the era of cheap labor in China is over.

Monk Welcome to MonksCrappie.com (http://monkscrappie.com)

gabulldog
12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
no its still cheap as all get out over there
but as crappie fishing becomes more main stream and the turnies become biger they think they can charge more for the same stuff just like bass fishing years ago

Fatman
12-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!! Yeah the prices are crazy!!!! I think I'm just gonna use the stuff I have and I have a refill crate that I might have to break into finally. Lots of old cranks and plastics and get back to serious fishing. Of course I gotta wait while the hard water thaws FIRST!! and that won't be for a couple of months.

Fatman

kycreek
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Got mine also. Already scoping what to order next.

TnRidge
12-30-2008, 04:30 PM
You are right . I about fell out when I saw the prices on some of the baitcasting rods and reels .
I think I might be in the market for the 16' Wally Marshall Tightline rods for $29 , but the $6 extra shipping for each rod is putting me off . I might have to make a trip to the Nashville BPS , unless I can find a better deal elsewhere .
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_51576____SearchResults?ordProd=Y&CMID=TOP_selectitems#itemDetail

Nightprowler
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I thought BPS was in control of Crappie Masters. Where is the Crappie mechandise in this silly Junk Fish catalog? I have more crappie stuff in one tackle box than the BPS catalog offers.

J White
12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I was a little surprised at the lack of panfish type plastics
in there. Seems like at least a page or two less than last years?

Cane Pole
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
You guys needs to order from Grizzly. They gots lots of stuff (except big jig heads :(). They very nice guys and if the power goes out, they can figure the taxes with a pencil........They knows their stuff too.....

kycreek
12-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I concur try Grizzly. I just like looking at the Bass Pro. I'm still like a little kid in a lot of ways.

crappie_dan
12-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I made an order today and did not know of the extra charge on all the rods so when I ordered my WM tightline poles they got me for 6 extra bucks on each one. It seems like every where you go people try to squeeze more and more out of you.

supergooser
12-30-2008, 08:04 PM
grizzly for me, i go by there at least once a month.

frank lawhead
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Cabela,s is big with CrappieUSA and they don,t have did,ly in the catalog for crappie---
Grizzly ,s for me--

TnRidge
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
I went to BPS in Nashville today ,and picked up the Wally Marshall Tightline specials for $29.77 each . They were marked $49 , but the manager had them marked the same as the online price after I had asked him . That surprised me , usually I walk out of there P.O.'ed because I can't get the same items in the store .
They had a boat load more crappie lures in the store compared to the catalog.

SpeckWick
12-31-2008, 08:42 PM
The BPS here in the Cincinnati, Ohio area has more crappie gear and lures every year IN STORE. And they've always been good to deal with. The catalog leaves a lot to be desired. I think it's all in there, just spread out all over the place instead of being in one section. If you are going to order online, I agree with the previous. Go to Grizzly. They have it all!!!

Jig Man
12-31-2008, 11:53 PM
I agree with the other people on this thread about the price increases. I was shocked at how much some of the prices have raised recently. I am very glad that I have assembled a good stock while I could afford it. I know it is not in the best interest of our economy, But I don't plan on purchasing anything anytime soon.
BPS is not the only retailer making price increases - Barlows Tackle has raised some of their prices a good deal also. I purchased some saddle hackle feathers for jig tying about ten days ago for $13.95. I was thinking of ordering some more yesterday and noticed they are now priced at $24.95 - That is a **** of an increase. Too rich for my blood, I just made do with the material I had in stock. Some of their Chenille raised approx. $1.00 per pack also.
The price of Crappie Fishing just went up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TnRidge
01-01-2009, 03:37 PM
I agree with the other people on this thread about the price increases. I was shocked at how much some of the prices have raised recently. I am very glad that I have assembled a good stock while I could afford it. I know it is not in the best interest of our economy, But I don't plan on purchasing anything anytime soon.
BPS is not the only retailer making price increases - Barlows Tackle has raised some of their prices a good deal also. I purchased some saddle hackle feathers for jig tying about ten days ago for $13.95. I was thinking of ordering some more yesterday and noticed they are now priced at $24.95 - That is a **** of an increase. Too rich for my blood, I just made do with the material I had in stock. Some of their Chenille raised approx. $1.00 per pack also.
The price of Crappie Fishing just went up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the tackle retailers are in for a rude awakening if they think customers will buy tackle at the inflated prices when we are in a recession and national retail prces have fallen this year .
Boat sales will probably take a big hit as well . The first thing that takes a big hit in a poor economy are boat sales . Notice how many folks are selling their boats ?

OsoFishy
01-02-2009, 08:40 AM
You wanna c a Crappie catalog the 2009 Grizzly catalog will be out after our show If you dont already recieve it PM me with you info and I will make sure to get one out to you as soon as they come of the press!!!

NIMROD
01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I made an order today and did not know of the extra charge on all the rods so when I ordered my WM tightline poles they got me for 6 extra bucks on each one. It seems like every where you go people try to squeeze more and more out of you.
THAT DOES'NT SOUND RIGHT ,SHIPPING ITEMS OVER 6' IS EXTRA BUT WITH SEVERAL SHIPPED TOGETHER LOOKS LIKE EXTRA CHARGE WOULD BE ONE TIME?

creekslick
01-02-2009, 11:20 AM
THAT DOES'NT SOUND RIGHT ,SHIPPING ITEMS OVER 6' IS EXTRA BUT WITH SEVERAL SHIPPED TOGETHER LOOKS LIKE EXTRA CHARGE WOULD BE ONE TIME?

If you think that does not sound right the extra shipping is only on the 14' rods that are on sale, the 14' Signature Series does not have the extra $6.00 shipping charge.:confused:
The Bass Pro Shops Wally Marshall Signature Series Universal Rods (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98192____SearchResults?ordProd=Y&CMID=TOP_selectitems#itemDetail)

Bass Pro Shops Wally Marshall Tightline Special Rods (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_51576____SearchResults?ordProd=Y&CMID=TOP_selectitems#itemDetail)

fished-out
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
You wanna c a Crappie catalog the 2009 Grizzly catalog will be out after our show If you dont already recieve it PM me with you info and I will make sure to get one out to you as soon as they come of the press!!!

I was checking out the web site. Hook sizes don't seem to be there for the leadheads. Am I missing something?

Beaver
01-02-2009, 01:09 PM
bass pro stinks! I dont like a thing about them. I wont go there again. Every time I have went there for something they dont have i. The one in sevierville TN anyways. No 4# p-line no turkey chokes for the browning golds that they stock. No kent fast steel in 3" number 3s no recoil pad for a browning gold. no slider grubs in junebug chartrues tail. If they would get rid of all the wal mart crap in the middle of the store they might have room for a good selection. I dont go to bass pro for candy, everyday clothes or reels made in china that a junk. I bought a extream spinning reel about a year and a half ago. The reel is ok but the drag is the worst I have ever seen.
Gander mountain has a better selection of panfishing tackle. And I got a cataloge from them the other day, but it was just a sale cataloge. Maybe they will put out a master cataloge soon.

Flatwater
01-02-2009, 02:04 PM
My cane pole turned 100 this year, still catches fish.
16' in 3 sections.
100 gold hooks are 3 bucks and last a couple years.
a bucket of minnows cost $10 now!!

what else does one need?
All my tackel fit in my shirt pocket. well almost. Dang bobbers stick out.

TnRidge
01-02-2009, 02:45 PM
16' in 3 sections.

what else does one need?
I hear ya' . We all need to go back to the K.I.S.S. method (keep it simple stupid ) and spend less time and money on tackle .
It's good to be versatile though , because crappie don't stay on the bank all season where I fish . It takes different tackle and methods .

Cane Pole
01-02-2009, 09:45 PM
16' in 3 sections.

what else does one need?

I ain't a hundred yet, but I closin in on it....:p

I get a big scoop of minners for 5 bucks here at our local "Patel" market...They like to get me in and get me out fast. He either don't like me looking his daughter over or he thinks I am a suicide bomber. Can't ever tell about foreigners ya know.

lonkm
01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Look at the 2009 Cabelas catalog. It much better than BPS for variety, especially for Crappie tackle.

Cane Pole
01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Look at the 2009 Cabelas catalog. It much better than BPS for variety, especially for Crappie tackle.

Yep. Shure making up a lot of combo kits.......I don't care much for the kits.

Lots of crank baits too..

slabbandit
01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I need to get a new Grizzly catalog. I need to buy some new poles and I want to order one of those marker bouy picker-upper-thingamajiggies!:)

TnRidge
01-03-2009, 10:56 AM
I need to get a new Grizzly catalog. I need to buy some new poles and I want to order one of those marker bouy picker-upper-thingamajiggies!:)
They are kinda high on their rods and reels . Look at Monk's website , he has better deals .

gone_fishing
01-04-2009, 08:50 AM
You are right . I about fell out when I saw the prices on some of the baitcasting rods and reels .
I think I might be in the market for the 16' Wally Marshall Tightline rods for $29 , but the $6 extra shipping for each rod is putting me off . I might have to make a trip to the Nashville BPS , unless I can find a better deal elsewhere .
Bass Pro Shops Wally Marshall Tightline Special Rods (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_51576____SearchResults?ordProd=Y&CMID=TOP_selectitems#itemDetail)

I was going to buy 3 trolling rods at cabellas yesterday the rods were listed at 41.99 on sale for 19.99. I was going to order 3. Called em up and they said my total would be almost 120.00. Shipping and handling and tax was as much as the rods were at sale price. I backed off that to real quick.:D